Starting Off

The sun came up as the village was fiddling away with their usual jobs. Doing anything they can in order to live peacefully within the Encanto. The Madrigals were doing their usual tasks.. Louisa carrying anything that was heavy, Isabella popping out different kind of plants, Mirabel entertaining the children, Julieta serving everyone meals, Antonio showing off his gift to the kids, and Camilo shape-shifting into whoever everyone needed.

The family who always gives and uses their gifts for good.

"It's almost time," a women said, sewing a piece of fabric onto her blanket in order to fill a hole.

"For the sacrifice?" Another women continued, rocking on her rocking chair.

Camilo's ears perked as the words they were saying had tempted him to listen even more. He hadn't heard of such a thing like a sacrifice, especially when having it in the Encanto? There's almost no reason for one.

"Yeah, well, there's always been a sacrifice of a girl from each village to be given to the demon in the cave. The girls are used in order to keep the world calm. Who knows what the demon could do if he doesn't approve of the girl or if we forget to give him one. Now it has been confirmed that our village was chosen for the demon. I've heard such stories of this demon. Such as their red eyes always staring at you in the middle of the night, the way he devours his meals, as well as how he hunts for his prey. The girl who has been chosen has been hiding and crying in her room ever since she found out that she had to be the one to go," the first women stated.

"Oh, what a pity for that girl. I do hope she knows that she is doing it for the sake of everyone!" The other women said.

Camilo placed his hand onto his chin and gave a little rub.

"Camilo! Your mother is getting worrying about you! Come back and let's have dinner with everyone. We don't want her to brew up a storm, do we?" Felix asked, joking a bit. Camilo turned around and gave a nod towards his dad. They both walked back to Casita. While they were doing so, a family had walked towards Camilo, and they pulled him aside.

"Camilo, w..would you please stay back a but and help us?" The man asked. Camilo shot a glance at his dad. Felix gave a thumbs up.

"Just make sure to come back," Felix stated.

"Will do," Camilo replied. Camilo looked back at the man. "What can I do for you today, Seńior?"

The man did not look well. His facial muscles were dragged down, and his eyes were puffy. His wife didn't look any better. It looked at if they had never seen happiness at all.

"Our daughter... was chosen.." the man said. "To be the sacrifice for the demon,"

"Even though she was chosen, we can't bare to let our precious daughter go into that fearing cave. We need our daughter to stay with us for a lot longer! It's not fair for her to be chosen just because majority had agree!" The wife explained. The man opened his mouth again.

"So we were wondering if you could take our daughter's place in the sacrifice. You could just become her for a little while, then find a way to escape that cave!" The man said.

Camilo was taken a back by the family's request. Although his Abuela had said to use his gift to help the village, he would've never thought that he'd have to use his gift for a favor like this. He scratched his head, unsure if he'd like to take upon that request.

"I'm sorry, but I don't think I can do that. I really do apologize," Camilo answered back. The man sighed and gave a nod understanding as he'd have to count down the moments until she would be seen off. A tall somewhat muscular man accidentally bumped into Camilo.