Red Strings

“Camilo?” Delores said. Camilo looked over at his sister. She was pointing towards her room. “Can we talk?” 

Camilo gave a nod and followed her up to her room. Delores shut her door. Part of her room had been a set up for a tea party, like Alice in Wonderland. Delores told Camilo to take a seat as she went to grab her still hot teapot.

“Tea?” she asked as Camilo gave a slight nod. She gave a soft smile and poured him a cup. “There’s something I need to tell you.” 

“W-What is it, sis?” Camilo asked. 

“I-I know.” Delores stated. “It’s about Eric. He…”

Camilo’s eyebrows raised. 

“There’s been some nights where I’ve gone out to get a drink of water in the middle of the night, and I’d hear something strange. At first, I just thought that I had finally gone a little crazy from my hearing. This one night…” she paused and took a breath. “I heard the sound of someone...sucking. I-It was strange, but then I heard his voice after he had finished taking his blood. That’s when I figured that he was a vampire. I took a couple of days to try and understand what I had exactly heard, but there’s no way to deny that. I’d heard girls then they’d quickly go quiet right afterwards. I figured that he must’ve done something to that village man that we held the funeral for.” Delores hugged herself, feeling the chills of just speaking about Eric.  

“Delores., I know who or what Eric actually is. I..um...met someone.” Camilo said. Deloroes quickly turned to his direction.

“Someone? Who is this someone?” 

“The demon that Abuela and Eric have been talking about. I met him long ago…” 

The puzzle pieces automatically clicked in her head.

“Is that why you have been disappearing all of a sudden? You even went past the mountains, so I couldn’t even hear you!?” Delores reached over for a scone.

“Surprise...Heh. I didn’t expect for my life to be this crazy, and I also like him too…” Camilo gave an awkward smile and took another sip out of his cup. Delores dropped her scone she grabbed and just stared at him with her jaw dropped, frozen in motion. 

“I never thought this would ever happen in my life.” Delores took a couple of breaths. 

“Before, Cain told me to leave him and Eric alone. But I just couldn’t do that! So I shapeshifted into Abuela when I went back and saw the two at each other’s necks. Delores! Please keep this a secret!” Camilo asked. Delores bit her lip, unsure if she would be able to control her big mouth or not. Camilo scrunched his eyebrows together in order for her to do her younger brother a favor. Delores stood up and walked over towards her dresser to grab a roll of duct tape and walked back.

“I’ll slap this on my mouth in order to help you. I don’t know how much longer I can go before someone else knows about Eric!” Delores said. 

-----

Eric looked around the house and tried his best to use his scent to smell Cain or Camilo, but it wasn’t ever going to work. To think that even all this healing, Eric still couldn’t be able to smell again. All because of that demon. He got up from his chair to go peek at Bruno or Delores's room. Reiki came out of Bruno's room first and noticed Eric's existence. He quickly shut the door.

"And who are you exactly?" Eric asked. When the hell did he get in there? He wondered. 

"I'm one of Alfonso's cousins. Alfonso hasn't been feeling well, so I decided to come see him. Do you know what might've happened to him?"