The Demon

Cain grabbed Camilo’s hand and rushed out of the train before it started to move any faster. Camilo was using his free arm to hold the little boy. 

“I’ll fly us back to your village.” Cain stated, looking down to see their hands touching and quickly let go. “H-Hold onto the child tightly!” 

Camilo laughed and gave a nod as told the little boy to close his eyes. 

“We’re going to fly now, so you might feel the wind. Make sure to not open your eyes, okay? It might be a little scary for little kids like you.” Camilo stated. The little boy looked over at Cain.

“You can fly!?” his eyes sparkled as Cain nodded. “That’s so cool!” the little boy giggled as Camilo placed his hand over his little eyes. The little boy giggled and placed his little hands on top of Camilo’s. Cain looked around to make sure the coast was clear before his wings appeared again. He wrapped his arms around Camilo and the child as they all were lifted off the ground. Cain’s wings flapped, while Camilo made sure the child wouldn't freak out from all the commotion being made. Cain started to move towards the direction of Camilo’s village. 

“Cain?” Camilo looked up.

“What is it?” Cain looked down.

“Have you ever used your other powers?”

“Hmm...I guess from time to time I did. I never really bother to use all my powers because there just wasn’t a need too. I liked learning with my hands.” Cain stated then gave a small laugh. “Too bad I won’t ever die. It’s also part of the curse since I’m an abomination.” 

“I’m here if you ever need anything.” Camilo said with a small smile. Cain blushed and looked up to see a tree. He luckily dodged in time before he ran into the tree. “Whoa!”

“Sorry sorry! I just got a bit distracted.” Cain nervously answered as he flew down towards the mountains. He placed Camilo down with the little body as Camilo removed his hand to let the little boy see. 

“What’s your name, little one?” Camilo asked, placing the boy down. 

“My name is Mateo!” the little boy answered. Cain walked over and grabbed Camilo’s arm.

“Make sure to be careful of Eric. Has he given you anything?” Cain asked. Camilo looked down at the amulet. Cain took off the necklace and glanced at it. He formed a fist, covering the whole necklace. Camilo and Mateo looked and saw Cain’s fist covered with fire as he gripped tightly before the flame had disappeared. Cain opened to reveal his palm as the string had been burnt off and the amulet had been crushed. “This should be good.” He threw the remains onto the ground then quickly shapeshifted back into his disguise. He kneeled down to Mateo. “My name isn’t Cain anymore, okay? Keep my powers a secret.” 

Mateo gave a huge nod as the three walked back into the village. The three came to see chaos in the Madrigal house. Pepa was stroking a strand of her hair with a rainstorm under her. She had luckily calmed it down to that size. Abuela was walking back and forth on the second floor, biting her lip from shouting. She had reached her limit. Luisa’s loud crying could be heard through her door. Mirabel was silently weeping in her nursery room with Antonio. When they all heard the sound of footsteps, all eyes looked over to see them. They all ran to attack Camilo. Cain quickly picked up Mateo, so he didn’t end up in that mess.

“You’re back!” Pepa cried out. 

“Camilo! Look at how worried you made your mother! I’ve warned you multiple times now, haven’t I?” Felix added on. Cain placed Mateo down and quickly bowed. 

“I apologize. I really didn’t mean to take your son out for that long!” Cain stated.

“No! It was my fault!” Camilo interrupted. “I caused trouble for C-Kai!”