Your Wish

“Oi, wake up.” someone said. 

“Mmm…” Camilo mumbled.

“I said, wake up,” he said again. 

“No...Let me sleep…” Camilo answered. 

“Dear, you can’t wake him up like this.” a woman's voice said. She placed her hand onto Camilo’s face and rubbed her thumb against his cheek. “Camilo…”

Camilo slowly opened his eyes to see an angel and demon sitting side by side with him. His eyes widened as he had remembered his last moments.

“Cain…” Camilo said. The demon crossed his arms. 

“What about him?” the demon asked. Camilo sat up and looked around to see where the three of them were. He had seen they were sitting on top of a huge building. They both had wings and horns or a halo on the top of their heads. 

“W-Where am I?” Camilo asked. 

“You’re in another layer of the planet for the dead.” the angel answered. “We both watched you die in the arms of someone. Along with two other men right by the two of you.” 

Camilo looked at the two of them and squinted his eyes. Something about them looked or seemed so familiar. He moved closer towards the demon as the demon slowly leaned back.

“What is it?” the demon asked.

“Are you two...Cain’s parents…?” Camilo asked. The two looked at each other.

“We indeed are,” his mother answered. She smiled. “It’s nice to meet you, Camilo.” 

“It seems we’re the two who get to decide where you go.” Cain’s dad added on. “Well, I do. Since I’m like an undertaker who has a list.” he pulled out a floating book and swiped his finger as the pages magically flipped to reveal Camilo’s name in the book. 

“So...What are you going to do with me?” Camilo questioned. Cain’s mom made an image appear in the air as it showed the three of the men crying with Camilo’s body. Camilo placed his hand onto the scene. “Cain..Alfonso..Bruno…” his mom removed the image and looked back at him. 

“What is it that you wanna do, Camilo?” she asked. 

“I...I wanna go back!” Camilo quickly answered. Cain’s dad clapped his hands as another image showed Eric trapped inside of a cage. His body and separate head were frozen in ice.

“I can’t believe my son really got him. He’s been on the list for quite a long time.”

Camilo stayed quiet. His dad removed the image and looked at the sad Camilo.

“Here’s a secret that you’ve probably never known.” his dad said. “When an undertaker gets a certain number of people crossed off the list, they get a wish.” Camilo quickly looked up at him. “I’ve already used mine, and that was for my wife and I to be together. But, with Eric and you here. I have finally had enough people for a second wish, so if you want. I will grant you your wish.” 

“I..I wish I can go back and be happy with Cain and my family, until I die!” Camilo said. His dad gave a sigh, but he then smiled. 

“Your wish shall be granted...Make sure to tell our son that his parents are proud of him. Tell him we said hi,” his dad said as he snapped his fingers. 

“It was really nice to see you for a bit, Camilo. Please, take good care of our Cain…” his mom said. They both smiled as Camilo gave a nod, smiling back. Camilo looked down at his arms to see them starting to become mini glowing yellow butterflies. His vision had soon disappeared.