Goodbye Camilo

Eric had broken through the string. He gave out a laugh as he backed away, ripping the knife out of his body. Cain placed his hand over his chest then looked back to see Eric running towards Camilo. Everyone was either stunned or too slow since Camilo was right by Cain. Cain bit his lip and ran after him. He grabbed Eric's clothes, causing Eric to trip as the knife gently grazed Camilo's arm. Eric licked his lips, watching the blood drip down. Cain's eyes started to change colors as he was breathing heavily. The Madrigal's watched in fright, knowing they could see how Cain might act or look like. He quickly grabbed Camilo in his arms and exposed his wings, flying off to the mountains. 

"We need to follow after him!" Mirabel shouted. Eric stood back up and cackled.

 "You might want to focus on something else." Eric stated as he bit his own arm, activating a power of his. They could hear the sound of many girls screaming in the town as they were starting to transform into vampires themselves. He had come up with a small plan in order to keep the Madrigal’s and the rest of the villagers busy. “Good luck with the new vampires. They must be very hungry since they’re new to this whole world of humans. Good luck,” Eric said as he dashed off to find Cain and Camilo through the mountains to get his prize. 

“H-How are we going to get rid of them?” Abuela asked, as she trembled. 

“Is there any way for us to get them back?” Louisa asked. Alfonso looked over at Hisa.

“Can you make an antidote fast enough?” Alfonso asked. Hisa felt around his pockets. 

“There’s no notebook, but I think I’ll be able to.” Hisa answered as he got on one knee, feeling the dirt. “I can draw on here, but you’ll need to distract them.” 

A girly scream could be heard as everyone turned around to see Agustin running away from the vampires.

“Everyone, distract them. Jae, use your portal to take everyone somewhere away from here.” Alfonso instructed as Jae gave a nod. Alfonso grabbed his husband’s hand. “Make sure the rest come over when you’re all done. Bruno, we have to go find them.” 

Bruno ran towards the back of Casita. Bruno placed his fingers in his mouth and whistled as his horse came running to them. Alfonso quickly got on and helped Bruno up as they made their way up the mountain.

“The string disappeared.” Alfonso stated. “It was probably due to Cain not being able to accept himself yet...One person must accept all of them whether they like it or not. Camilo had accepted all of Cain, but Cain hadn't accepted himself. If he doesn’t then the string has faded.” 

“We need to hurry!” Bruno shouted. 

---

Cain had flown down and dropped Camilo onto the ground while Cain was covering his mouth, trying to control himself. He placed his hand on a big rock then started to grip onto it. Camilo could start to hear Cain growl as his skin had changed as well as every other part of him. Camilo took off his ruana and wrapped his cut around quickly to try and stop Cain, but Cain’s brain had been shut down as the blood scent would continue to linger. 

“C-Cain..” Camilo said, trying to help. “Cain, look at me..” 

Cain shook his head, still semi-conscious. He then started to maliciously laugh as Camilo just stared at the back of his head. Cain sat on the ground, hugging his knees and started to rock himself back and forth aggressively. His long nails stabbed into his legs, but he’d only heal back up. Camilo wasn’t sure how he would be able to calm Cain down. He walked over and placed his hand on Cain’s shoulder.

“Cain..?” Camilo swallowed his saliva, nervously as he could hear his own gulp. He had taken the risk to touch this guy, he should deal with the consequences if anything happened. Cain turned around and stared at him as Camilo watched the life go out of his eyes. They had completely become only one color. The demon smiled and looked over at Camilo’s wrapped arm. Camilo quickly removed his hand and started to run away farther into the woods and past Cain’s once known cave. The demon growled and looked at his chest, watching the hold in his body heal. It had let Camilo get a headstart on trying to run away, but the demon would soon catch up. Due to the delicious scent that had been filled in the air, it was as if the demon had been drugged or drunk when chasing Camilo. The demon would stumble over its own steps as well as lean from side to side, trying to catch up to Camilo. The demon’s powers would arise as he would make gusts of wind that passed through the trees. It cackled as it had its eyes on his target. Camilo ran as far as he could to see that he had been where Cain’s safe spot was. They had met once again at this place. The sun had started to set such as when they had first talked over here. It had yet to become night when the fireflies would appear. Camilo tried to slow down his breathing, but it was no use. How could he ever outrun a demon? Camilo turned around to see the demon’s face, eye to eye.