New Guy

Camilo's face shoved into his pillow the whole night. It was more comfortable that way as he couldn't sleep well at all. He kept on thinking about Cain ever since he stepped back into the Encanto.

"Camilo! It's time for breakfast!" Mirabel said, knocking on his door. Camilo groaned into his pillow. "Camilo!!!" Mirabel continued. She rolled her eyes and knew how much of a pain in the ass it was to actually get him.

"No..." he said, placing the pillow above his head to silence the repeated knocking. Mirabel stopped trying then looked around to see what could get him out of his room.

"Eric's waiting for your arrival."

Camilo opened his eyes immediately then jumped out of his bed and rushed to get ready. He tried his best to brush the curly mess of his hair while brushing his teeth. Finishing off by washing his face and rushing to check himself out in his mirrors. He gave a sigh then practiced his smiles before opening the door and heading out. Mirabel had her arms crossed with her eyebrows raised.

"W-What?" Camilo asked.

"So that's what will get you back up huh?" she teased, turning around to walk.

"It's not anything like that!" Camilo replied, catching up to her and following towards their family members. Eric was indeed already sitting down. His seat was on the other end of the table that was facing towards Abuela. Camilo rushed and picked his spot right next to Eric. Eric noticed and gave him a good morning smile. Camilo greeted him back and looked down to see what they were having today. He rubbed his hands together as the delicious smell of the food was roaming around him. It was like he was in heaven when there's fresh food around for him to eat up. Abuela made her daily announcements about the family as well as what's been going around the village, but Camilo would sometimes tune out Abuela's voice as he was too busy focusing on his meal. They would pass around the bread or pitcher of water as Camilo would take seconds as well as try to shove as much as he could on his plate. He was a big growing boy who needed his nutrients somehow.

"Onto the death of that man..." Abuela started. "We are going to hold his funeral tonight as a farewell for his unknown death."

"It's not that unknown." Eric said throwing shade towards Cain. Camilo just tilted his head a bit and gave him a stare.

"How do you know it's for sure the demon?" Camilo asked back.

"It'd only make sense as he has many powers that many wouldn't know about. He could easily kill anyone if it met his eyes like a predator getting it's prey." Eric responded.

"I feel like you shouldn't just assume something like that even if this person is a demo-" Isabella elbowed Camilo's side to shut him up as he did. He touched his side in pain. "What!? I'm just saying so!"

"Eric's right." Abuela interupted. "He is a monster of many unknown secrets! Who knows what he could do! We need to get him out of the Encanto as well as off of earth! He needs to go somewhere where he will not hurt another person!"

Camilo opened his mouth, ready to talk back, but Mirabel gave an obvious cough to stop him. Camilo glared at her and kept his mouth shut to make her happy. They continued their morning breakfast together while consuming all of the arepas Julieta had made. Camilo would choke a couple of times because he'd forget to fully chew and swallow.

Eric smiled and wiped his lips.

"Delicious as usual." Eric commented as he gave a bow. "Who made this?"

"My mother and I made it today!" Mirabel stated.

"It's quite refreshing to eat first thing in the morning." Eric responded.