Care

|Grace|

Everything happened so quickly. Captain Light took a full-on hit for Sabre, that being came in with a legion of Steves and started to attack everyone, then those two non-steves suddenly pulled out powers and just gave the being an onslaught of attacks one after the other like a furious sea. ...It was horrifying to even begin to imagine being on the receiving end of that wrath.

I press the rag gently to the dark blonde-haired non-steve's forehead as he shifts and mumbles something in his sleep. The shining white and blue armor he had once before were gone and replaced with the more common clothes he had before. However... with the amount of blood he had lost and the gashes, we had to take and replace those with a different set of clothes. How'd he even manage as long as he had with those deep slashes across his stomach?

I gaze a bit at his face, noticing a scar across his lower right jaw. It was thin and spidery, trailing across different places on his jaw. I look a bit closer at it, then frown as I trailed it down. The scar reached all the way down his neck and connected to an odd symbol on his neck. I shake my head, confused, but don't question it further. As much as I'd like to know, it wasn't respectful of me to pry into one's past without their consent.

The door creaks open and I turn to look at the newcomer in the doorway, only being able to see limitedly with my helmet on my head. The man tenses up when he sees me, but then relaxes almost instantly. "Apologies... I'm- not used to somebody else watching over my friend like this..." The blonde-haired non-Steve mumbles with a smooth and calm voice as he walks over to beside me and kneels down. "How... How is he doing?" The man continues quietly, his hair drifting into his face as he looks at his friend with concern evident in his eyes. I turn back to look at the sleeping form in front of me.

"He's doing better. His fever has fallen thankfully, as well as the bleeding has stopped. But we've sent for some Green Steve's to come by and look at both Captain Light and your friend, so we should have a better report on both of their status's once they come." I say calmly to the man as I take the cloth off of the non-steve's forehead then place it in the bucket of water beside me. Taking the cloth back out and squeezing it so it wouldn't be dripping wet, I place it back on the non-steve's forehead to keep him cool. 

Thankfully in the time I had agreed to watch him, since I knew a bit about how to take care of injured from the Green Leader, the non-steve hadn't been tossing around that fitfully in his sleep. If he had, his injuries would have been a lot worse and his healing time would have taken a lot longer.

"That's good to hear... I just- regret not acting faster to save both Sabre and Captain Light," He trails off a moment, but I sigh gently. 

"You don't have to feel blamed for this. Nobody could have seen this coming. I don't blame you for feeling guilty about it though... I should have been more alert as well." I shift my eyes to the man at my side as he rubs his neck. A thing I noticed about him is that he held the same kind of air about him as the colored leaders did. He seemed regal...

"That... kinda lifts things off of my mind a bit... thanks. Though speaking of other matters... Green Steves?? Is that a race or something?" I meet his confused eyes and pause. Well- I guess he wouldn't know, so where to start...

"Well, kind of. Overall, our race are called, 'Steves', but there are different colors, or 'factions', of Steves that exist: Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, and Violet. The Red Steves are based on wisdom which make them knowledgeable on many subjects and sought out for knowledge, though they tend to be a bit isolationist still. The Orange Steves, my color, have creativity which allows them to be great architects and be able to express themselves through different hues of orange. The Yellow Steves embody Energy, which allows them to amass things quickly. They tend to have the largest kingdom since they still are the largest population of Steves around today. Green Steves are based on health, so when situations like this arrive where an unknown illness or massive injury is caused, they are the ones that typically get called in to help heal. Blues works with spirit and exist to watch the World beyond, which is where all of us Steves go to after our time is up. Indigo Steves represent connection between all worlds and are the ones manage the portals and Middle World where Steves go to get to the World Beyond. Finally, Violet Steves embody love which allows them to be empathetic, understanding, and great therapists... Which the therapy is needed greatly for those who were trapped in the darkness or suffered in those times." I mumble the last part quietly as I remember what the darkness had done to some of the people I had known. Some of my best friends had been consumed by it. The man to my side tilts his head a bit, then rubs his neck.