A Dark Deceit

|ᔑ ⎓ᔑꖎꖎᒷリ ꖎ╎⊣⍑ℸ ̣|

Dirt gave way under my boots as I slid down the hill-side. I guess I had to do plan B instead. Much as I was relying on this- Curse- to take out everyone, I always had a backup plan to go off of. Had to ever since the first time I went down.

My feet hit level ground, then I turn my head to my left where the entrance to an old mine lay. I head in, hitting a lever as I passed it by. Redstone lights sparked to life as I ventured down, illuminating the dark and cold tunnels. Regardless of the lights, I still felt jumpy. It felt like at any moment, a colorless guardsmen could leap out at me and apprehend me. Of course, this fear was unfounded, so I shrug the feeling off. I didn't have time for it anyways.

I walk down hill for a good ten minutes before the path leveled out and emptied into a large, cavernous space. Figures stood all around the space, blank looks in their eyes as the ones closest to me turned their heads to my approach. "You two, grab the raid crew. I want them ready for when that funeral happens. You three, get weapons for the raid crew. I need this plan to be executed perfectly." I point to each controlled steve as I gave orders. The one thing that I was glad about, was that Curse was able to take control of these fools so that they listened to my every word. I couldn't have any weak links in my plans.

My steps crunched in the gravel underneath me as I make my way towards the center of the cavern, where I had set up my plans. This needed to work. I couldn't risk it not working. However... "Those two non-steves will be annoying to deal with," I mutter out loud, looking over my plans. "That tall one managed to seal Curse into that pole of his. However... he's been suffering from a lack of sleep. So I think I can use that to my advantage." A smile crosses my face and I take off my helmet, letting my yellow hair drape down into my face as I set the helmet on the table.

I sense one of the controlled steves at my right and turn to look. A Red guard stood there, ready for any orders of mine. Standing straight, I tap at one of my pages. "You. I need you to send a crew down in the mines to gather more redstone. Make sure it is of the best quality you can find. Not mixed with iron." With a new order in mind, the steve turns away to follow it. You know, regardless of him being the head of those red steve guards, he wasn't very mentally strong. Hm... wonder when people would realize that he's gone?

A sharp itch flares up on my left arm, making me grit my teeth. Deal with the pain. It's what you have to deal with, in turn for control over these freaks. I glance down at my arm and notice the purple bruising had gone beyond what my bandages were covering. I let a small hiss of breath escape through my teeth, then turn back towards my plans.

I had more important things to focus on.

---

|ℸ ̣ ⍑ᒷ ↸ᔑ∷ꖌ !¡∷╎リᓵᒷ|

My father was an annoyance to deal with. His interference was postponing my plans. I nearly had Corin where I had wanted him. Yet... That old pest, Calon, had interfered and warned him before I could sneak in and take Corin myself. Then my father heard the commotion and fought me out of the castle.

No matter... My father didn't know all of the secrets in the castle, so it wasn't hard for my men to sneak back in and grab Corin while he was asleep a few days later. Fool forgot to keep his sword by his bed. Such a disgrace for a Captain of the Royal Guard.

"Sir." A voice comes from my right as I stood in front of the now unlit portal frame. I turn to look and see my captain, Lup. "Speak, Lup," I order. "He's arrived, as well as the Reapers are in full disarray. Courtesy of yours truly." Lup smirks, his blonde hair shining in the moonlight. I grin, satisfied at his news. "However, Rechin and Lós managed to slip away from our men. We still are searching every town along the coasts to find them. We have a lead though, pointing to Falanel, where Rechin and I were born. After I was finished here, I had made plans to chase after them myself. At your request, of course." Lup's mixed news was both satisfactory and unsatisfactory. However, he was already two steps ahead of me, so I waved him off. "Go. We cannot let them reform at all. Those two are without a doubt, a danger to our plans."