Rooftops

|Tewtiy|

Ok ok, I know. Reaalllyyy shouldn't have gone out without telling someone. But I needed fresh air. I guess it came at the cost of starting a rooftop chase with several teen Steves and one guard.

I leap up from the edge of one roof and land over on the next, keeping my footsteps light so I could keep on the move. "Get him!" One of the teens call and another tries to grab me again. I bolt to the right, then duck under the arms of another. Quickly I'm back to running across the rooftop and leaping to the next, gaining some ground between the group and I.

"You, stop! Ugh!" The guard yells again for the third time as I reach to a large street in my way. I hear some of the teens laugh, muttering that they got me, then I turn around to look at them. "Alright, we got 'im!" One says to another. He had fluffy hair like mine and a off-color tint to some patches of his skin.

I can't help but smile at the look on their faces as they get closer. Honestly, I wouldn't be a reaper if I didn't know how to get out of a situation like this. With a quick movement, I rapidly turn back around, back up a few steps, then spring forward with a lot of force, flip a few times, and land on the next roof flawlessly. The teens yell in shock, then I hear them start flying after me again, alongside the tired guard. Gosh, this all reminded me of my training with Rechin and Loś. We'd use to chase each other around all the time on roofs, challenging each other to be our quietest while we were running around. Good times.

A dart of a dark color appears on my right and I move left just as quickly... Only for a hand to grab my arm, lift me into the air, then quickly move me off the roof to pin me to the street. a knee presses into my back, keeping me in place as the teens and guard finally catch up. I wince at the sharp, small rocks digging into my skin from the cobbled streets and try to get my bearings on what just happened. "Alright, trouble maker. Enough with your runnin' 'round." An heavy accented voice sounds in my ear and I keep still. Ugh, did another guard get me-?

"Awwwww Ivar! C'mon, we were gonna take him down." One of the teens say as this, Ivar, keeps me pinned down. "Look, sorry for ruinin' yer fun, but there are rules us guards follow for situations like this." He says and I let out a breath. Oh. You know, I had a feeling I was breaking a rule when that guard started chasing me. "Ai yai yai. Sorry for the trouble, Ivar. Thank you for grabbing this one. I tried getting him to stop peacefully but he wouldn't." The guard who was chasing me says and I try to look at who was pinning me. He sharply moves to pin my head down and causes me to wince a bit. Ow.

"Not a problem, guard. Can you grab Azalia or Exos and get them over here? This is no Steve. I don't know what it is." I groan, knowing he hand his hand over my ear. All of the Steve's ears were different, now that I realized, so I kinda stood out. I let out a sigh and just gaze forward.

"I'll go!" One of the teens yells and darts off, the guard following after him. Welp, guess I got caught. Dang it, would this count on the counter Rechin was holding?? No, why am I even concerned about that right now.

Several Steves pass by, concerned looks on their faces.

"So, troublemaker. You haven't said a single word. Worried you'll incriminate yourself? Have you committed any crimes?" The Steve pinning me asks and I sigh

"No. I've not committed any crimes. I just needed some fresh air and went out running on the roofs. I'm new around here so... didn't know if it was against any rules." I say and the guard sighs. "Oh, really? Yer new 'round here?? Well, kinda makes sense, yer notta Steve. But have to say, your movement is pretty refined." I feel a weight get off of my back and sigh, getting to my knees carefully.

"Thanks. It's something I've been trained to do." Flicking down my hood to ruffle my hair back into place, I turn to look at the guard. He was a darker colored Steve with poofy hair like my own and a bow strapped to his back. He has an even look to his face and crosses his arms. The teens who had been chasing me had gone off, leaving just me and him. "Well, impressive. I had been watchin for a lil and noticed you jump that 'ere street which is pretty broad." He comments, seeming genuinely impressed, despite him just pinning me to the ground. So uh, I was confused to say the least. He seemed charismatic, but at the same time, he suddenly was passive towards me. Was he acting??