Returned

Been busy lately, so take a pic of Solace!Sabre in a very special place :> (I may DM a secret for those who can name the place :DDD )

----

|Sabre|

I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw them.

They looked like they hadn't changed a moment.

What had caught me off guard at first was the glint of bright colors in my eyes, but once I realized it was Lucas's Rainbow wings- and the giant of the man beside him was racing towards me- I had no difficulty knowing who it was.

I roll Lucas onto his back, laughing, then let him sit up. A grin filled my face as Lucas sits up breathless, his blonde hair drifting into his face. His sharp blue eyes studied my face, taking in every detail of it.

"Yeah, we're friends of his- grew up with him for several years. Yet when we found his place trashed a couple years back, we feared he'd been hurt..." Ryan's voice drifts to me and I look at him talking to Violet Leader. Wait... my place was-

"Wait- My house was trashed?! Oh come on... Was it the-" I get cut off by Lucas sighing and noding. "Sa'aal. They've been trying to find you still Sabre. But- Well now they can't! You're out of their grasp..." Lucas laughs and I look at him with a bit of relief.

"Sa'aal? Who is that? Also- who are these two, Sabre??"

Hearing Time's voice, I look up to see him walking over with Light, M, and Grace. Light was giving Ryan a skeptical look and M was studying Ryan and Lucas closely. With a sigh, I look off to the side. The Sa'aal were people I never wanted to remember. They wanted me. No- Not me. My birthright.

"Enemies of mine. Well, all of ours. They seek to control our world via birthrights. In specific: Sabre's." Tewtiy mumbles and I look up at him. "Wait- Tewtiy, did you declare some war against them or something? Are you crazy??" Lucas helps me stand up from off of the ground, then I feel his hand a little tightly on my wrist while he looked off to the side.

"No, I'm... I became a Reaper, Sabre."

I snap to look up at Ryan who flips his hood down so I could see the full of his face and hair. Now that I got a good look at him, I could see all of the new scars he had on his face.

But... a Reaper was as bad as the Sa'aal for me... they were both killers-

"For a good reason. Even though I made it clear I didn't want you to join them Tewtiy," Lucas says with a note of harshness in his voice, then I look at him. Yet- I couldn't. Tewtiy would go that far? 

"A good reason?" I shake my head as I remark incredulously. Tewtiy was a soft and kind hearted guy- He'd never want to harm anybody. "Why Tewtiy?" My voice drops a note as I meet my friend's soft dark eyes and he sighs.

"Apparently my dad was one Sabre. The Reapers- aren't just a bunch of assassins, they are trying to stop the Sa'aal from ever achieving their goal." Tewtiy rubs his neck and I catch a bit of movement from the corner of my eye. Time walks over to Tewtiy, then holds out his hand. 

"A pleasure to meet a friend of Sabre's. My name is Time Steve and I've been helping him ever since I was created." Ryan shakes Time's hand quietly with a soft look on his face. 

"Light Steve. I'm the leader of the Colorless Guard. I've known Sabre since I was Shy Orange Steve." Light says, then sticks his hand out for Ryan to shake as well. He does so and I notice Ryan was holding himself a lot more noble-like. Odd.

I let out a sigh as I rub my neck. Maybe I'm overreacting... My entire body starts to feel itchy now and I pull my arm away from Lucas to step back and scratch my arm. What the heck? Why do I suddenly itch so much? My heartbeat filled my ears as my itching gets worse and I feel like I'm not breathing enough. I meet Lucas's worried eyes as he reaches out to me to place his hand on my shoulder. Wait... I- no, I don't want to be touched right now. I step back away from him as Lucas says something with concern in his voice. But his voice was so muffled, I couldn't understand a word of it.

No- Wait no SOMETHING'S SEVERELY WRONG!

I grab my hoodie where my heart is and try to slow my breathing as I start to shake. Wh-What is going on?! Wait- I've experienced this before. It was when I first saw Time again out in those woods. Why is it happening now???

I shakily fumble for my blindfold, trying to untie it and get it off. I couldn't stand to have it on my face anymore. As soon as I tug it off, the feeling gets worse and I blink around quickly, seeing everybody looking at me concerned. Lucas starts to panic and has his hands near by shoulders in a way to calm me down, but... I can't- I have to get out of here!!

I about start to bolt away when I hear a chilling laugh that makes me go bone stiff. No- We- We destroyed him...

"Well well well, if it isn't the pest and his people! I think it's about time I'm about done with this charade of hiding from you all.~"

I whip around in time to see the First Curse emerge from the shadows. Except- it's like the shadows were clinging to his attire as they were a dark blue, not his original dark rose color. His eyes gleamed with maliciousness as he strode out, several Steves emerging behind him. No- did he? They all had glazed looks over their eyes, like they weren't in any sort of control of themselves.

The First Curse raises his hand and points it towards me. 

"You are my worst pain Sabre. Now it's time to rid you from this land!" I watch the flames grow around his hand, blooming into a haze in front of me. I wanted to scream- Pretend this was all a nightmare. But I knew it wasn't.

Hands grab me and knock me from my stupor as I get chucked out of the way. Somebody catches me, yet I quickly scramble upright to see who got me out of the way. In which I stop dead still. A shining haired figure stood where I was moments before and his eyes were locked on the First Curse.

"LIGHT, RUN! MOVE, GET OUT OF THERE!" I scream as he glances over at me once before turning back forward to face the First Curse. Silently, he accepted his fate as the ball of flame clashed into his body and sent him flying backwards towards Lucas and M.

Everything in me snapped at that moment.