Oceans

|Tewtiy|

Water laps against the boat quietly as we glide out further into the glistening ocean. I was wrapped up in my thoughts, still trying to comprehend this entire area, when my new acquaintance spoke up.

"Soo... The more I look at you, the less you seem like a Steve. What are you?" The ghostly figure says from behind me and I look back at him. He pulls the paddle into the boat, then stares at me with his pupiless golden eyes.

"Steve-? Oh right, that race. Well, I can tell you for sure that I'm not one. But... not sure how well I could explain what I am. There's- Well..." I pause and stare out at the water a moment. "There's a lot that I would have to explain since it's not really a clear answer."

The guy nods, then picks up his rod.

"Well... I guess you could say the same of Steves. I'm one, yet I look almost nothing like the usual Steve. Mainly because I'm Galaxy Steve. I mean, I used to be a normal Indigo before I got cursed to be the Ruin and then this pretty lady came along and healed me. Sheesh... How long has it been since I've seen Alex and Colle?" He had been hooking on a worm onto his pole while talking, but then placed it in his lap and stared up at the sky.

I stay silent, questioning who he was talking about. Colle? Alex? Those didn't sound like Steve names. Then again, Time wasn't a Steve name, nor The First Curse.

"Uhm... Do you mind me asking about who Colle and Alex were? If you can remember?" I ask him and he looks at me.

"Oh, I don't mind! Well, I didn't know them for too long, but they were both pretty fun to hang out with! Colle was this Red Steve who way back when was exploring for his kingdom. Nobody really knew the Red's existed yet except for some Indigos and Blues because of the World beyond and Middle world. But he was really into collecting things, Hence his name, Collector! As for Alex, I don't know in specific what she was, but Colle probably knew that a bit more than I did. But she was really nice- had this flowing orange hair and pretty green shirt that she tied a belt around sometimes to make sure her shirt didn't go flying all over the place, as well as these snazzy grey boots and brown pants that honestly tied her look together really well. I uh... Haven't seen her or Colle ever since I left though, which was so long ago now." The man waves his hands around as he explains and it comes into my mind that he had mentioned what he was. A Galaxy Steve. He also mentioned that women exist and Red Steves used to not be known?

"That's honestly a lot. So... Did Red Steves not know the other colors existed in the past?

Galaxy nods his head and then floats over closer to me with the pole.

"Yeah. I don't know why myself, may have just been the way Origin made things. But either way, everything led to me getting freed from my curse and getting to see more of the worlds that exist." He takes the pole, then does the equivalent of standing up. He swings the pole up, then does a quick twirl and cast it out into the water. Ripples form, then the water around us changed. It turned into a galaxy of colors. Different stars and astral features spread out from around his hook. They flowed out like paint on a canvas, showing every detail like it was actually there.

I watch in awe, moving to the edge of the boat to see the moving spectrum of colors and beauty.

"Woah- How did you do that??" I say breathlessly and Galaxy looks down at me with a smile and a shrug.

"Just happens sometimes. I don't know how, but pretty sure it has something to do with the water reflecting the essence of the person casting. At least, that's what I feel is the correct answer. I don't know a whole lot of things, but I also do, mainly through feeling."

Galaxy stays still for a moment as I look from him and back to the water several times. I've seen weird things happen before- But this was beyond what I've experienced.