Chapter 2 - 【Slacker Life, Here I Come!】

Cale noticed one, annoying thing.

Why?

...

Why in the cruel world he's fucking smaller now? What's with the de-aging troupe shit?

Atleast his clothes were similar to the one he's always wearing while lounging around.

But sweet, sweet apple pie, he hopes he will be taller than Levi in the next five years. That is if he was still alive and not get chewed by an ugly titan to death.

Looking at the small size of his body, he should be at the same age as Hong right now as he scratched his head before clicking his tongue.

「Our Cale is too cute for our own good.」

Tsk. Atleast he still have his ancient powers.

"What were you crying about, Eren?"

A drunk, blonde man suddenly asked. And Cale knew who it is as he scrunched his nose at the odor of the liquor.

"Mr. Hannes..."

Cale listened to the entire the dialogue exchanged between them, just as the same in the anime. He was still behind Eren who managed to hide his small stature from the drunk man.

Cale doesn't even know why he was hiding.

"Jeez, Eren. Don't go yelling like that."

The redhead sighed as he internally agreed to the man.

"It's better when everyone's calling us useless freeloaders. It means peaceful times for us all." The redhead couldn't agree more before remembering the two titans that will wreck the wall in the future.

Cale then heard a laugh as he glanced at the two canon fodder playing cards. His frown deepened more than it is.

"Man, you're one plucky kid alright!"

"For someone who's totally helpless!"

"Right, Hannes?"

"What? Yes!"

Eren tugged the redhead's wrist as he pulled themselves away from the drunk adults. Hannes had already noticed Cale's presence as the redhead stared stoic at the blonde.

Hannes instantly became sober at that.

"Hey! Eren!"

The blonde older man called out but Eren just continued to walk away together with Mikasa and Cale.

"What a weirdo!" Cale heard before glancing at the drunk men. He discreetly used his ancient power, Sound of the Wind to make the cards they were playing fly away. Cale could only snicker in mischief before following Eren and Mikasa again.

「My, our Cale is learning well from us.」He heard someone say inside his head, preferably the thief.

「Why are you leaving? Let's xxx 'em up!」

「Behave.」

Cale was listening to his ancient powers bicker, making him look like he's spacing out while walking.

The sound of a bell made the redhead break away from his trance as it echoed throughout the city. Then Eren pulled Mikasa to see the Scout Regiment.

And Cale?

Cale only looked away for one second. One second was all it took to be lost amongst the crowd of people in Shiganshina, so he wondered for a while before a sudden thought perceived in his mind.

Now that he remembers, wasn't Armin will be in one of these alleys getting beaten up by random bullies. Cale could only sigh in remorse as a random record ran in his mind.