Chapter 12 - 【Trial By Retorts And Aura】

"Get away from me you crazy bastartd!"

He is tired from all the relentless chasing, he doesn't even got to eat something last night!

〔The art of 'Runner's High' is currently in use.〕

Cale continued to run, the ability he had been using from the God of Death provided high adrenaline as he couldn't feel the pain from all the running. As long as he could get away from the madman who's chasing him, it's fine.

A part of him wishes someone would swoop him away from this hell hole.

It has been like this ever since he sent Eren away. It's either Zeke was adamant in bringing him back or at least he can get a small sample of the redhead's blood.

The following days went in a blur. You could also say that his memories have gaps, which made Cale anxious since this had never happened before. He has his record ability, and now the Silver Shield is also starting to decline for unknown reasons.

Cale doesn't even know how to differentiate reality and nightmares sometimes. One time he saw Zeke holding his wrist that it actually made it bruise, then the other, he saw himself talking to the said man in a comfortable manner.

What the fuck.

"Marleyans....Eldians....Our father...."

Cale couldn't quite remember what they talked about, but the next time he wakes up, Zeke had already(in his dreams maybe) left and there's stench of blood nearby.

_____________

"You're awake."

Cale gave gave out a hoarse grunt, his throat parched for far too long as he squinted his eyes from the sunlight suddenly ghosting over his eyelids.

He stared at the man, then to the people who is in each side of the room as he also glanced at the people behind him.

The room is familiar, too familiar that he moved his hand, only that he can't since he just noticed it was chained in the pole in his back.

Now that he noticed it, the man that was seating in such grandiose chair is the same man who judged whether Eren should live or not in the first season of the show.

...Shit.

Cale huffs, before drinking the forming saliva in his mouth to at least hydrate his dry throat.

He also just noticed Alberu who was in the same predicament as him beside, unconscious when he looked around for the second time.

The Military Police were scanning their own documents in the right side, while the Garrison Regime were on the left. The scouts may be possibly behind him as he can't see them all fully. But he's sure since he can feel a familiar glare from a midget he know.

"Commander of the Military Police, you may now offer your suggestion."

Cale scrunched his eyebrow in annoyance.

"We offer to take Cale Henituse under our wing, and to see if he is also the same as Eren Jaeger. If not, he would be a nice addition to protect the King."

"No." Cale said in a stern voice, his stance unwavering despite the position he's currently in.

"I never gave you permission to talk." The judge said in a matter of fact tone.

"And I never gave you permission to talk like I'm a damn object." Cale retorted with a snark(he was sure he heard Levi snort somewhere).

He was surprised when a sound of a whip echoed and felt searing pain in his back. He glared at the soldier who did the act as the wound immediately closed seconds right after.