Chapter 4 - 【Han Reiss】

It was a nightmare brought into reality.

The last thing Choi Han remembers was his liege getting stabbed by the White Star as it brought dread and horror into his being.

He couldn't even remember what he talked about with the God of Death inside his head.

"Cale-nim!"

He didn't even care about the lightnings that continued to strike down, eventually hitting the redhead.

Just then, he realized he was also struck when he was engulfed in black.

Choi Han opened his heavy lidded eyes, and the first thing he was about to do in instinct is to groan, his body stiff.

Lest, he let out a whimper which surprised himself overall.

A ceiling made in exquisite type of rock, possibly granite, came into his view along with something dangling right above him as he tried to touch it.

The hand attached to him was small and chubby, further surprising the raven where he let out a cry out of sheer unwill.

He's scared, where is he? Where is his family? His liege? He promised himself to be beside his family all the time, and now he's stuck somewhere unknown.

〔Don't cry, my child.〕

It was a familiar voice, and Choi Han immediately did his best to stop crying, left only miniscule hiccups as he waited for the God of Death to speak.

〔Cale Henituse is fine, do not fret.〕

With that, Choi Han let out an exhale of relief. Then his baby face scrunched when he tasted a salty substance coming from his nose. He could even hear the God wince.

〔Your name here is Han Reiss.〕

The God proceeded to tell how he can safely return to his family. The reason was similar to Cale's, so there is no nedd for Choi Han to worry.

Of course, mischievousness is one of the God's quality as he didn't bother to tell the raven that he will see the redhead in the near future.

〔Do you know the show, Attack on Titan? As I believe, it was one of the famous ones in Earth 2.〕

'It actually had a show now? I only read the first twenty something chapters of the manga before getting transmigrated into another world.'

〔...〕

"..."

'Now that I thought about it, Reiss...'

〔...〕

Choi Han came into a realization. Being the baby he is, he couldn't control himself as he wailed his lungs out.

He may not remember his blood family in Korea, but he can remember vividly the manga as it is one of the reasons he continued fighting in the Forest of Darkness for tens of years.

〔...I wish you luck, my child.〕

'Just go away already!'

Choi Han continued to cry even after Uri arrived with his supposed to be older sister, Frieda, behind him.

That was how Choi Han lived his thirteen years under the care of the Reiss Family, constant frowning that he jokingly thought he's becoming more and more similar to his liege.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+×+

Choi Han frowned when he felt Frieda slide an arm around his shoulder, then ruffling his hair which further annoyed the swordsman.

For all the years he had spent in this world, he'd grown not to be trustworthy of others as he didn't know who and which is the enemy. The only people he could trust were of course, his family at the Roan Kingdom.

Albeit he could feel himself lowering his guard from time to time due to this sister of his.

"Where is my little brother going? Care for me to join?"

He grumbled, "Do what you want."

Along the way, Frieda kept talking as Choi Han only listened, occasionally answering when he was asked.

"By the way, your birthday is coming up. What do you want for a gift?"

Han Reiss' birthday is coming up in the next few days, while Choi Han's finished months ago. Still, it won't hurt to tell them that he wants nothing like always.

That was the plan.

〔Ask them to let you go to Shiganshina.〕

Confusing words, but Choi Han still did what the God said.

"Can I go around Shiganshina?"

Frieda let out a confused hum.

"Shiganshina huh. Since this is the first you asked for something as a birthday gift, sure, I'll tell father."

"Thank you." Choi Han said before he went back to swinging his wooden sword.

Choi Han doesn't even know where his sword went, so he just chose whatever is safe for the eyes other people.

Frieda could only smile at how hardworking her brother is. But still, she wishes Han would take a break since he's still just a child.

Not that Choi Han is a child at soul.

He swung his sword repeatedly while keeping his aura in check. Ever since he came to the age of eight, he had already started practicing his sword, even the people around going to such lengths calling him a genius.

No one should even know about his aura, at least, not yet. The only time he will use it is if he has no other choice or he came into a life threatening situation.

The next two days, Uri approved his request, Choi Han almost freaking out at the amount of people coming with to guard him.

"Father, I can protect myself."

In the end, he won their debate as he set out alone to wander around now.

The raven wore a long cape, hiding his ODM gear since he can't find any decent sword in this world, might as well use those that can be reusable. Hence, the blades that were given to each member of Corps.

"Why did you told me to go to that village?"

〔You will see. You should get ready to fight too.〕

Choi Han stood at a mountaintop as smoke were freely seen in the sky. Titans walked everywhere around the destroyed village as screams were heard.

It was an abomination.

He ran constantly as he sliced the meat from every titan's nape, killing it in one go.

Choi Han didn't know how long it had been since he was fighting, helping the people whom he can still salvage.

〔Focus.〕

Choi Han did.

〔Sense.〕

Choi Han did.

He then flinched.

〔Familiar isn't it? Now look at the sky.〕

Choi Han looked, and various rose gold thunderbolts rained down at that one particular area not far from him.

〔Now go.〕

Titans fell down like a domino, as Choi Han did his best to run towards where the beacon of light appeared. He jumped in a rooftop as Choi Han felt like it was a dream.

There he is, Cale Henituse who looked younger than Choi Han as the redhead kept vomiting blood.

Choi Han smiled, and if Frieda saw him, she would freak out since it will be the first time the raven had genuinely smiled in this world.

The swordsman then saw a woman who looked scared, Cale carrying the said person as he protected her with utmost will.

"Cale-nim?!"

"Choi Han?"

At least, Choi Han reunited with his liege. Guess that bastard of a God has his uses after all.