Chapter 5 - 【Ah Shit, Here We Go Again】

"Choi Han, set the table."

"Yes Cale-nim."

A fourteen year old Cale passed three bowls to Choi Han as the raven set each for them at the table. He sent a smile to the woman as Carla returned the gesture.

"Oi apple brat."

Cale groaned internally to himself as he threw the laddle towards the newly arrived visitor. The redhead can't believe himself when he got acquainted with the midget about two years ago.

Levi caught the wooden utensil as he scowled at him, perhaps because of the stain that flew all over him, being the clean freak he is.

"Just sit down if you'll eat with us you old rat."

Carla only chuckled at the atmosphere.

The first three years after the attack in Shiganshina left Cale and Choi Han treat Carla and have a doctor check her.

What resulted was her legs getting paralyzed since her spine received a casualty, so Cale got her a wheelchair.

"Thank you for the food." They all said as they started to eat the warm rice accompanied by a soup and other vegetables.

"Heichou, won't the Survey Corps have a schedule today to go outside the wall?" Choi Han asked as Cale continued to nibble with his food.

Levi groaned, "Don't even remind me of that." he said before continuing, "Yes, we have to survey a nearby village that was previously attacked. Hopefully, we get to learn some information about the titans."

"Do you want me to come, Heichou?"

Cale remembered then, how Choi Han started calling Levi, Heichou.

Choi Han bore a guilty conscience when he didn't succeed in saving Furlan and Isabel back then. Ironically, Levi didn't blame him for it, saying he won't regret his choice and Choi Han shouldn't too.

✯••••⁂••••✯

"Look at this cocky brat, call me Heichou. I'm older than you."

Cale almost spit out his tea as his shoulders shook for stopping his laughter.

Choi Han then looked at Cale who in return, looked away as he minded his own business.

"But I'm a son of Reiss family...?" Choi Han asked, since he didn't know how hierarchies work in this world.

This time, Cale spits out the lukewarm tea.

"What?!"

"You're what now?"

Choi Han blinked in confusion.

Cale stood up from his seat and held the ravenette's shoulders, "Who the fuck is your father?"

"Uri Reiss? And my real name is Han Reiss."

Cale couldn't believe it. Choi Han has been in this world at the start of his life as Han Reiss.

"Then your older cousin is Frieda Reiss?!"

"...Yes?"

The redhead calmed himself and sat again, sending a look to Choi Han that they would talk later.

"For now, you can call the old man Heichou since he's a newly appointed one."

"This apple bratㅡ"

"Yes Cale-nim."

To say the least, Levi was profoundly confused at that.

✯••••⁂••••

"Cale-nim. I need to leave. Uncle was calling for me."

The redhead noted the melancholic look on his face. Rod must've sent a messenger to retrieve Choi Han back. But then again, it wasn't any Cale's business unless it endangers the swordsman.

"I need to leave for the Scouts now too."

Cale raised an eyebrow, "Then get out if you're done eating, both of you."

Carla reprimanded the redhead that it is inappropriate to treat a guest like that, but the woman was already used to his behavior so she just chuckled at the end.

Choi Han and Levi went out as Cale grabbed the utensils used earlier and placed it at the sink. He sent a small smile towards the older woman to let her know that they are going outside.

The redhead pushed the wheelchair as they both went into their daily walk around Cale's farm. It was for Carla to also take a breather if she remembers her son, Eren.

It was one of those usual talk between them, and Cale as per usual, only answered in short words. Carla then suddenly looked down at her feet and Cale followed her line of sight, only to see a bleeding scratch from dead twig beside the farm as it created a small splinter to the woman's knee.

The redhead stopped pushing the wheelchair as he kneeled in front of the older woman to check the wound. Looking at it better, it was just a small scrape so Cale summoned a small water from his palms and washed her knee.

"We should go back to put a band aid to your knee."

Carla sighed, "I'm not that fragile Cale."

The redhead only frowned.

They were both back at the house as the redhead went to find the first aid kit, leaving Carla to her thoughts. Seconds later, the redhead emerged as he went to treat the older woman's wound.

"You know, I'm really curious about your powers." Carla suddenly blurted out which made Cale flinch in surprise.

For five years the redhead had taken care of her, she never did once asked about Cale's ancient powers.

'So why now?'

He contemplated as he placed the band aid, then sighed.

"I..."

The God of Death never forbade him to tell about the world he came from. The only thing that the God didn't allow was to tell them that this world is a fictional one.

So Cale made a decision.

"I will tell you...just...not now, Miss Carla."

She then clicked her tongue, and said the next words that almost made Cale ask in disrespect.

"Then call me mother. It's too awkward always calling me ma'am and miss."

"I can't." Was Cale's immediate answer.

She raised an eyebrow, making Cale sigh heavily.

"Firstly, don't be fooled by my child-like appearance. I'm older than I look, Carla." Cale's gaze became sharp at that before closing his eyes, "Secondly, I know that you miss your son, and I don't want to replace the role."

Cale had a melancholic look on his eyes before retesting back into as stoic one.

"Hah, you can just say noㅡ"

"I cannot be your son, and you cannot be my mother. And there is no need, since you will meet Eren in the near future."

She had a flabbergasted look, "What do you meanㅡ"

"I know where your son is."

That was a lie, because Cale knew where Eren is all along. But he figured there's no reason for the woman to know about his train of thought.

Carla was about to speak when a flying boulder landed right in front of the house where the farm is. The redhead gave out an alarmed expression as he could see many abnormal titans running around.

And one of them has a similar color of his hair which made Cale almost let out a hollow laugh.

Ahh, it seems that Cale would need to relieve his stress before going where Eren is.

'Now that I remember, people would've already found out his titan form by now."

...

Shit.