Chapter 14 - 【Should I Let You Live? Or Die?】

Cale, seriously, wants to flip everything over.

It hasn't even been a few weeks. Few weeks was all it took for Choi Han to go missing, then followed by Eren getting kidnapped(once again) along with Historia.

"What is he, a damn kidnap magnet?"

Says the one who always get hurt every time.

Levi was currently dragging the horse Cale is riding, because the Military Police suddenly invaded the cabin they were residing earlier.

Cale sent Carla away for the mean time under Alberu's care since it would be the less suspicious.

It was currently night time, and Jean was getting agitated since he can't start a fire due to damp wood. Cale was amused, to say the least.

"Get back. I'll start the fire." Cale said before approaching them.

"How would you even start a fire with that thin arms of yours?" Levi said which made the redhead scowl at him.

Cale activated the Fire of Destruction in his palms and easily lit the bonfire.

Jean and Marco had an amazed expression as Jean asked, "What can you not do?"

Cale gave out a pained expression, "Slacking off."

He clearly heard a huff somewhere, preferably Mikasa or Levi as Armin looked at his own horse, stopping his laugh.

They ate, bickered, stood guard, and nothing happened as they slept peacefully that night.

The next day, the Military Police had issued a warrant against all the soldiers of the Scout Regiment. Seeing as Cale always hang around the said regime, he's also in the wanted list. Heck, he even have a bounty in his head! What the actual fuㅡ

Clang!

"Cale-san!" Marco pushed the redhead away when a pole almost kebabbed him, resulting to the freckled kid to get injured instead.

Cale was about to yell at him when series of a gunshot sounds were heard, the redhead immediately activating the Silver Shield to protect him and Marco.

Now that Cale remembers, Marco have a reason why he died in the anime. And now that he realize, the events had escalated a little bit more quickly.

Choi Han and Alberu easily subdued Annie thanks to Marco's information. They had also learned Reiner and Bertholdt being traitors much earlier too, all thanks to Marco who lived.

The redhead looked at Marco's grazed arm and sighed, before summoning a small amount of water to atleast disenfect the latter's wound.

For Marco, everything about the redhead, their teacher, and the heir of Reiss Family, is still unbelievable. Though Marco trusts them, it's still surprising to see their otherworldly abilities.

Perhaps a God had took pity to them, or by the looks how Cale scowls at the mention of the word God, maybe it was only for entertainment. But still, Marco had regained hope for the future of humanity.

"Let's go to a crowded area." Cale informed, after dressing his wound as Marco followed like a puppy.

Looking closely, Marco reminds Cale of Lock in many aspects.

"But wouldn't that attract attention? Our hoods can't cover much of our faces."

Cale looked at him before giving him a metal necklace, similar to the one Eren removed when he was unconscious.

Marco looked at it then to Cale, then to the metal in his hands again. The redhead sighed before he put his own necklace, his look changing to his previous face as Kim Rok Soo.