Chapter 25

A few things had happened after the Skaikru witnessed Gustus' execution. 

They finally had their alliance with the Grounders, which happened, conveniently, right before Raven's radio went off, and they heard Jasper's voice asking for help. Ashley could remember how she let out a sigh of relief so big that she got dizzy. They were alive. In danger, probably, but still alive. 

Clarke immediately sent Bellamy on his way inside Mount Weather, so they could gain some advantage over Mountain Men, and make sure they have a chance to save their friends in the first place. Lincoln offered to get Bellamy inside, knowing his way around the tunnels there thanks to his experience as a Reaper. 

So, when the rest got back to Arkadia, Raven locked herself in her trailer, claiming she needs to be on the radio in case Jasper and Monty manage to communicate with them. Clarke was somewhere handling their diplomatic issues, of course, and Octavia, as she usually does, vanished from the face of Earth. 

As for Ashley, she had never been more happy to see her bed. She fell into a deep, dreamless sleep as soon as her head touched the pillow. 

After a few hours she was woken up by a knock on the door. The blonde sat up on her bed, rubbing her eyes. Her arms slumped down, along with her head as she groaned.

"Just one morning of peace and quiet is all I ask for. Just one morning" she murmured and dragged herself over to the door. 

She opened the door, yawning, and as soon as she saw that it's Octavia behind it, her hand flew over her mouth to cover it. 

"Hey," Octavia greeted her, looking slightly amused at Ashley’s startled expression. "Did you sleep well?" 

"Um, yeah, I honestly can't remember the last time sleeping felt so good" Ashley replied, trying to discreetly stretch her back, but that only resulted in her spine making a loud crack. 

"Ow" she grimaced. "So, you see what I'm talking about."

Octavia didn't even try to hide her smile anymore, chuckling at her friend. 

"Well, hate to interrupt then, but there's something I thought you'd probably want to see" she said. 

"O...kay," Ashley narrowed her eyes at the brunette, still being confused about the reason for her presence there. Not that she was complaining, she was happy to see Octavia, especially when she was the one coming unprompted. 

"So, do you remember how you wanted me to teach you how to fight with a sword?" Octavia asked, earning a nod from Ashley in response. 

"Indra and her people are coming soon to give us a little presentation. Actually, really soon, so if you want to watch, you should get ready" she looked the blonde up and down, making Ashley feel kinda judged for still standing there in her pajamas. 

But aside from that, Ashley was in utter shock that Octavia remembered their conversation. She didn't know why she was surprised, they were friends after all, and friends make plans with each other, but still…This initiative from Octavia meant a lot to her. If she remembered some stupid half-joke she made, and took it seriously, then she had to still care about her, right? 

"Alright, okay," Ashley went back inside to get dressed, while Octavia was leaning nonchalantly on the doorframe, with her arms crossed on her chest. 

The blonde found her pants and some t-shirt, and sat on her bed, about to take off her clothes, but she noticed that Octavia was still standing there and tapping her foot. 

"Um…are you just gonna stand there, or…?" she raised her eyebrow. 

Octavia rolled her eyes. 

"Alright, I'll be outside. Be there in 5 minutes or I'm coming in without knocking" she said, and left the room.