Chapter 13

AN: This is probably the longest chapter I've ever written. 3.1K words. Enjoy 😁

"Gather up your gear. We’re leaving" Bellamy said, taking his stuff.

"What about him?" Sterling pointed to the Grounder, who was still tied to the chair.

The Grounder finally drew a map for them and they were supposed to continue their search for their friends with new leads.

"For now, we leave him. We’ll deal with him when we’re done" Bellamy answered.

Ashley was glad that this whole torturing was over. She was afraid that after what she saw Finn was capable of, it could end a lot worse. Blonde didn’t want them to do something they would all regret.

Murphy seemed to like this idea a lot less than she did. "What if he escapes? He knows exactly where we’re going."

Both Bellamy and Ashley knew what he was hinting at.

"We’re not killing him" Bellamy stated firmly.

"Don't know if you've ever heard of that, but violence isn't always the only option" Ashley snapped.

Murphy ignored her comment and continued arguing with Bellamy. "I’m not seeing another option here. If we don’t take care of this now, this is gonna blow back on us and you know that.

Ashley didn’t understand him at all. How well tied and unarmed Grounder was supposed to get out of there and cause any problems? She started to think that Murphy was saying that only to have a chance to kill the Grounder.

"He’s unarmed, Murphy" Bellamy reminded him.

"He’s a Grounder" Murphy wasn’t giving up and looked around in search of any support. But he didn’t get any. "Really? Come on, tell, him."

Monroe and Sterling looked like they was too scared to say anything. Finally, the girl spoke up. "I don’t know…"

"You don’t know what?" Murphy snapped. "He’s gonna tell his people everything. We’re as good as dead. Our friends too."

"Why don’t you give us a break and stop being an asshole? If it weren't for us, Bellamy especially, you would still be sitting in that cell. We’re here to find our friends, unnecessary murders are not in our plans" Ashley again found herself standing up to Murphy.

"Ashley" Bellamy warned blonde and turned to Murphy. "Look, we’re not doing this. End of discussion. You want him, you go through me."

"What exactly happened to you, huh?" Murphy scoffed. "You’re talking like you never killed a Grounder before."

Bellamy shook his head and tried to defend himself.

"That was in battle. This would be an execution-" he was cut off by a gunshot.

They all turned around to see Finn putting the gun in his pocket. At his feet was lying their prisoner with a  hole in his head.

Ashley couldn't say a word. She just stood there with her mouth opened in shock. Finn, without hesitation, just killed a man. Just like that. When blonde looked at him, his face expressed nothing. It was completely blank.

"Let's get moving" he said casually and after collecting his things, he left the room.

Ashley didn’t move a muscle. Monroe, Murphy (who was clearly satisfied) and Sterling followed Finn, leaving her alone with Bellamy.

"Bell-" Ashley was cut off by him.

"I know. We have to go, Ashley" he said.

Blonde nodded and walked over to the exit with Bellamy following her.