Chapter 7

AN: This one is very short but I wanted to finally post something, sooo here it is, chapter 7! Hope you'll enjoy!

Delinquents packed up and gathered by the gate, ready to move out. Gunners were divided into groups and every one of them protected the rest from all sides. Ashley was in one of those groups too. She saw Finn and some other guy carrying Raven out of the dropship on the stretcher. She was clearly in pain. Ashley knew that she tried to put on a brave face. That's just how she was.

Blonde saw Octavia making her way to the gate. She had Lincoln’s sword on her back. Ashley heard that Lincoln saved Finn and Clarke and they didn’t know if he got out of it safely. She knew that Octavia was probably worried sick. Lincoln could be dead, for all they knew.

"Hey, Octavia!" she approached brunette.

"Hey" Octavia greeted her quietly.

"I heard about, um...Lincoln. I’m sorry" Ashley tried to show her support. Octavia just nodded. "But you know him. I’m sure he’ll be alr-"

"Don’t, okay? We’ve been there before" brunette cut Ashley off and shook her head.

Blonde looked at Octavia, still wanting to comfort her, but she decided to not push it and sighed.

"Yeah, right. I’m sorry. I just, you know..." Ashley trailed off, scrathing her neck nervously.

"Want to help. I know, Ash. Don’t be sorry" Octavia shook her head and sent blonde a sad smile. "Wanna keep me company?" she asked.

"Sure, you got it" Ashley turned to Octavia, sending her a small smile, which brunette returned.

They got into their positions next to  Jasper and Miller. Ashley made eye contact with Jasper and they both nodded, knowing it meant "I got your back". She realised that without seeing Monty by his side, it wasn’t the same. It felt empty.

Delinquents started to march, leaving their safe place and walking towards East.

It didn’t take long, before Octavia stopped them all and silenced. Brunette was looking around, standing still, like she was searching for something.

Suddenly, from nowhere, the blade flew straight into Drew’s face, killing him on the spot.

Everyone stopped for, literally, a second just to immediately spin around to rush back into the camp's direction.

When everyone was back, gate was closed and Bellamy with Clarke were watching the area outside the walls.

"Lincoln said, the scouts would be the first to arrive" Finn said.

"If it’s just scouts, we can fight our way out" Octavia appeared next to Finn. "That’s what Lincoln would do" she added.

Bellamy scoffed.

"We’re done doing what the Grounder would do" he exclaimed.

"That grounder saved our lives!" Finn reminded him. "I agree with Octavia. For all we know, there’s one scout out there".

"One scout with insanely good aim" Jasper called out, standing by the wall.

Bellamy turned to Clarke.

"Looking to you, Princess. What’s it gonna be? Run and get picked off out in the open, or stay in and fight back?"

Clarke was debating for a moment. Ashley was impressed by how she handled pressure of being a leader and making tough decisions on her own.

"Lincoln said scouts. More than one" Clarke jumped off the wall and walked over to the crowd. "He said 'Get home before scouts arrive'. Finn, they’re already there" she said and turned to Bellamy. "Looks like you’ve got your fight".

Bellamy seemed pleased with that answer.

"Okay, this is what we’ve been preparing for! Kill them before they kill us!" he announced. "Gunners, to your posts! Use the tunnels to get in and out. From on now, the gate stays closed!".