Chapter 4

One day, Octavia went missing and immediately, Bellamy organised a search party in which, obviously, Ashley took part. The girl was determined to find her best friend - she was the only person she could trust right now.

Finally, they found Octavia in the  cave with unconscious Grounder. Bellamy wanted to kill him, but Octavia stopped him, saying, that he didn’t hurt her, but helped when she was injured. Ashley, also wasn't too keen about that idea - they didn't need any unnecessary blood on their hands. She just wanted to get outta here and bring Octavia safely back home. Unfortunately, the plan of leaving the Grounder alone went to shit, because he suddenly jerked up from the ground and stabbed Finn in the chest. So, Bellamy and his people captured him and they all went back to the camp.

-------------------------------

"No, stop, Bellamy! You don’t have to do this!" Octavia’s cries were echoing through the dropship.

"Hey, look what he’s got in his journal!" Miller interrupted, showing the item to Bellamy.

There was a moment of silence.

"Ten lines...This is exactly how many people we lost" Bellamy said quietly, like he couldn’t believe what he saw.

"It was him" he stated. "His people are killing our friends!".

"Which one is it?!" Bellamy yelled, trying to get out of grounder, which antidote can help Finn, who was balancing between life and death, few feet away from Ashley. Raven and Clarke were doing everything they could to keep him alive, but without an antidote, they couldn't do much.

Ashley was sitting under some wall on the ground floor. Blonde was exhausted. She wanted to help, do anything, but what could she do? She knew Clarke was way more educated than her when it came to medicine and she saw that everything that could be done with Finn, was done.

Clarke suddenly got up, rushing to the ladder and up to second floor. Ashley decided to follow her, cause honestly, her curiosity got the best of her, but also...she felt like this wasn't going to end up good.

She saw that Grounder, tied up and covered in blood. Bellamy was standing in front of him, fuming with anger. Blonde immediately noticed Octavia standing behind him, looking terrified.

"What’s taking so long?" Clarke asked.

She tried asking the grounder what antidote can help Finn, when Raven rushed into the room and suggested to do it the hard way. She grabbed the wires and electroshocked Grounder. That also didn’t worked.

Octavia couldn’t watch him suffer and stepped forward. Grabbing the grounder’s knife she said:

"He won’t let me die" and put the knife to her arm.

Ashley immediately protested, but brunette ignored her and dragged the knife through her arm, making a long cut there.

"Which one is it?" she asked the man showing him vials and he nodded to the right one.

Clarke and Raven grabbed it and ran downstairs. Bellamy tried to put a hand on Octavia’s shoulder, but she shook it off.

"Don’t touch me" she snapped. Blake turned around with a sigh and gave order to Miller and the other boy to watch the grounder, before disappearing down the ladder.

Ashley was still standing there, feeling like she should somehow comfort Octavia. She approached her.

"Hey. You alright?" blonde asked hesitantly, not sure how Octavia will react. Brunette turned around and looked up at her friend. Then, she just shook her head helplessly and leaned her forehead on Ashley's shoulder.