5 - Let's get down to business.

~𝑴𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒂𝒕𝒆, 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒐𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂𝒇𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒅 𝒎𝒚 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍 ~

*****
Dylan looked around the restaurant which was nicknamed Corrie's due to its curry color and the fact most foods served there were heavily spiced with curry. It was a cookie-cutter variety, which was shiny with glossy new tables. 'God rest all ye gentleman' rattled through the hidden speakers putting everyone in the holiday spirits but not Dylan, he wasn't in any way at rest.

The crowd was dominated by young government workers and waiters who were already used to the spicy foods. Dylan took great care to not order any food; just two bottles of water.

Forcing himself to relax, he exhaled slowly and stopped himself from glancing around in search of someone that he had a vague description of.

Turning his attention to the see-through glass that faced the streets, he watched as the sky shone bright and blue, no evidence of the howling wind that had rummaged the streets last night. People walked hurriedly along the streets each with different things on their minds. Dylan wondered whether any were hurrying to meet a rented girlfriend just like he had.

Suddenly, the door chimed open and Dylan looked up sharply to see a young man who looked fresh out of law school walk in. He couldn't explain the heavy disappointment that settled deep into his chest.

Sighing, he bent his head to study the watch on his wrist and frowned. Ten. The message he had received this morning from the agency clearly said 9am. He had come in half an hour ago so he could have the advantage of watching her as she walked in. In retrospect, maybe his coming in half an hour ago was the problem.

He recalled how he had hurriedly donned a white shirt, flattened gray slacks, and a pair of black boots for this occasion, not even stopping to have his early morning coffee just to get here.

A sudden tap on the table startled him the same moment his nostrils were invaded by the scent of lavender. He lifted his gaze slowly, his eyes taking in the suede boots, a sleek leather skirt that curved around shapely legs, a light grey chiffon top, and- Abruptly, his gazing was cut short by a cool compelling voice. "Excuse me, up here. Are you Dylan?"

He blinked, momentarily surprised that the attractive tall lady in front of him knew his name. She must have had information about him. He did not know what made him answer but he did. "I sure am."

"Good." She smiled which brought about slight dimples in her cheeks. Their eyes lingered for a second. He felt something move within him but he couldn't place it, "I'm from the Rental agency."

Recognition finally dawned on him. Taking in her heart-shaped face and her rosy skin which seemed to glow, he offered her his hand but she ignored it moving to take a seat in front of him. Lavender swarmed his senses again.

Oh ok. Dylan thought to himself as he withdrew his hand sharply. He studied her as she smoothed down her skirt and kept her purse neatly on her laps. Her hair was raven black but tinted red. Red! That spelled trouble but it was cut short, looking smart and neat and he instantly liked it.

"Nice to finally meet you." He said, gazing into her eyes. They were radiant brown and round, quite pleasant to gaze into for a second or two. If you looked too deep it was cold and looked to be born of sadness. She nodded briefly before tearing her eyes away.

He had looked too deep and a shutter fell over her eyes shutting him out instantly. He decided to distract himself by picking up one of the water bottles he had ordered earlier.