30 - I'll Catch You

~ 𝑰 𝒋𝒖𝒔𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒖𝒑 𝒘𝒊𝒕𝒉 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒚𝒔, 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒎𝒆 𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒃𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒌 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒚 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒏 𝑰 𝒔𝒂𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒂𝒄𝒆, 𝒏𝒐𝒘 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒈𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒓𝒚𝒏𝒂 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔, 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒏𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝒄𝒂𝒕𝒄𝒉 𝒂 𝒔𝒑𝒂𝒓𝒌 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒓𝒕 𝒂 𝒇𝒍𝒂𝒎𝒆~

-𝑩𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒕 𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒈.

******
Stacey blinked and made a face at her, as her awfully rushed words tore through her thoughts. "What?"

Kaylee was in front of her, blocking her from entering the kitchen to drop the tray. Had she been waiting for her to come down?

"Is he okay?" She murmured, her voice coming out worried. "I didn't believe he was actually still going to go out that late." she mumbled the last sentence under her breath, her eyes darting to the floor.

What was Kaylee going on about? She spoke to Dylan last night? When did- Shaking her head, Stacey discarded the thoughts. She had to tell Emma about Dylan's state not engage in conversation that won't bring forth fruit.

"Excuse me," she said, side stepping Kaylee to enter the Kitchen. Her mind was swirling with a lot of stuff as she walked towards the sink than for her to start answering a question Kaylee could have just asked any other family member.

"Finished it?" Dareen's voice brought her back to reality and she looked to see her folding a napkin on the counter.

Stacey hid her surprise fast before responding with a yes. She had not expected Dareen to not blame her for his wound, or even send her upstairs. She could have done it herself but rather she sent her when she saw her hovering at his door. It seemed like his mum was giving them an avenue to talk and at the same time care for Dylan but not show it.

Shaking her head, she mused about the family and dropped the tray into the sink. It rattled at the action, reminding her of how her state of mind was.

"He's okay then." Her voice broke the silence again, this time Stacey thought she could sense a smile in it. "And, " She added, causing Stacey to roll her head to look at her. Dareen's chin motioned to the sink, "You don't need to clean up."

Stacey could have argued, saying it was nothing but then knowing Dareen she probably would not win against her. "Thanks ma'am."

Blowing out a breath, she walked out of the kitchen into the semi-noisy hallyway. She spotted Emma on the couch packing Emerald's hair. Hoping she won't seem to eager or overly distraught, she made her tone not betray the guilt she had felt and walked up to her.

"Emma."

She turned her head towards her, her eyes brightening up slightly when she saw her. "Oh hey."

"I'm just coming from Dylan and-"

"Oh he's awake. Has his swelling reduced? "

Stacey sighed in relief at the fact Emma asked about the injury instantly. "Yes, but then the wound is still sore and I think the medications are wearing off."

Turning her attention back to what she was doing, Emma pursed her lips and twisted a pink ruffle around Emerald's ponytail. "Hmm, thanks. Hopefully this teaches him a lesson."

Stacey didn't comment on her statement. She was glad she passed the message across. Moving away from her, she walked to sit on the opposite couch. She still couldn't believe how today turned out. She won't have felt this guilty or even cared if her shower was just working.