25 - Feelings.

~𝑨𝒍𝒍 𝑰 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝑪𝒉𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒔 𝒊𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖~

*****
Stacey was awed by the little girl in front of her. Mirabelle. Emerald had called her that as she introduced her to Stacey few minutes ago before her dad had called her. Now, she and the girl were alone, even though they were surrounded by family members who were involved in one thing or the other.

Stacey sat on the rug, and rested her elbow on the chair, before giving the girl her full attention. "Mirabelle huh? That means pretty, you know that right?"

She simply nodded, her different coloured iris watching Stacey cautiously. After her statement earlier, Stacey had not said anything before Emerald had piped up to introduce her sister.

"How old are you?"

She raised up three fingers, her eyes on Stacey.

"You don't talk much do you?"

She cocked her head to the side, allowing her brown hair cascade down her shoulders. She was silent for few seconds before answering."It seeps strength from me."

"You don't speak like a three-year-old."

She responded with a nod again, folding the tip of her blanket into a perfect triangle. Questions were burning on the tip of Stacey's tongue but she controlled herself when she felt a presence behind her.

"Mb girl, is that you?" Dylan came to crouch in front of her next to Stacey. His feet brushed hers and she withdrew them a bit, focusing her eyes on Mirabelle who regarded Dylan with a little bit of excitement. Other than that, her hetrochromiax eyes remained alert, watching him. "It's been long since I saw your cute little face. What made you grace us with your presence today?"

She smiled then jutted out her chin towards Stacey before whispering to Dylan. "Does she know?"

Dylan didn't look at Stacey but shook his head. "Not yet. You want me to tell her?"

"Yes. She seems fascinated more than scared."

Stacey's brows furrowed at the statement. What did that mean? Dylan looked at her before sitting on the rug and folding his legs under each other. He and Stacey were opposite each other now, the child between them on the chair, watching Stacey's face.

After counting to three, Dylan began."Mira, to put it simply, is that kind of child that thinks faster, calculates faster than her peers and analyzes things that toddlers have no business analyzing."

Interest flickered in Stacey's eyes. "There's nothing simple about that."

Making himself comfortable on the rug, Dylan chuckled and nodded to himself. "Yeah, yeah. She's what we call, and she dislikes hearing, a gifted and special kid."

Stacey had heard about them. But that was it. She had heard but never seen one. Her gaze swerved to Mira who's green and grey iris were already on her face, a simple smile stretching across her lips. A question bounced at the tip of her tongue and she shot it."Is that why you don't talk much?"

"Or relate with many people that much? Yes. Mum said I need to balance my emotional and physical development. When talking to those who don't grasp my words and who can't bear to stare into the eyes of an Hetrochromatic kid, it bores me and sometimes makes me gloomy."

Stacey could do nothing but breathe out, "Wow."

"Indeed."

Dylan pinched her rosy cheek and she scrunched up her nose. "Don't do that, Uncle Dylan. I'm not a child."