19 - Impulse

~𝑬𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒔𝒆, 𝒂 𝒔𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒊𝒓𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒐 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈, 𝒐𝒇 𝒇𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅 𝒃𝒆 𝒈𝒖𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒔𝒐𝒏~

*********
Stacey pressed her head into the cotton pillow and groaned. Rolling on her stomach, she moved to the edge of the bed and glanced at the time on her phone.

2:35 am.

Rubbing her eyes, she dropped her phone down and sat up amid a rumpled blanket pooling around her hips. Sleep had been futile. Not with the raging thoughts in her head and the dampening feeling that followed them. She couldn't stop herself from shivering, as she slid her legs out of the warm blanket unto the cool tiles.

Squinting her eye, she used the gray rays of the moonlight seeping through the window, and the neon glow of her t-shirt to make her way towards the door.

Whenever she felt like this only three things could help. One was talking to her mother, but she was sure she would be asleep. The other, she shuddered as she glanced at her suitcase and pulled open the door, wasn't an option this night. The last was sweet treats or chocolates.

With that in mind, she carefully made her way down the hallway grateful for her footsteps being muffled by the rug. Goosebumps sprouted across her exposed arms and legs, and she hugged herself through the thick oversized T-shirt she wore.

Abruptly, she changed her mind as she tiptoed down the stairs. She needed something warm. In the hallway, she paused. Only the electrical appliances humming and her soft breath filled the silence. Allowing the bright lights from the stairs to guide her, she slipped into the dark dining.

Colorful blue and green lights from the dispenser and a green hazy glow from the clock helped to avoid her slamming into any object as she made her way over to it. Carefully, she picked a cup from the stack placed next to it. After rinsing the cup with a bit of water, and disposing it into the sieve, she filled the cup up with hot water. Biting her lip, she added a bit of cold water.

Grateful for the warmth that seeped into her hands, she pulled a chair out and sat. Never had she been more conscious of sounds, as she dropped the cup and leaned back. The peace and silence were a balm to her raging mind.

A door creaked open.

Instantly, she jolted up and eyed the entrance. Heart beat increasing in rhythm, she listened as the door shut, then soft footsteps followed.
Out of nowhere, a bright light blinded her eyes, and reflexively Stacey lifted her hands to shield her face. The image behind the flashlight nearly felt her flying.

She blinked. The figure blinked. A beat passed. Abruptly, the figure in striped Pyjamas turned his face and directed the beam away from her face. No words passed between them as long arms stretched to open up a cabinet, shine the light in and rummage through. Stacey's eyes fell on the pack of gummy bears the moment he grabbed it and professionally shut the cabinet without a sound.

In shock, she watched as Wickham walked out and into his room, flashlight guiding him as he went. Her mouth floundered but her body was frozen in shock, her mind trying to assimilate what just happened.

The scene affected her to her core that when another tall figure appeared, she didn't flinch when he nearly collapsed.

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱

Dylan was wild-eyed and his feet were smoldering. He had fallen asleep with his feet besocked with heavy wool. Groaning, he pressed his eyes close and sat up to yank it off. He felt unstable. It had been three days since he had drunk anything. With getting ready to come home and settle Stacey in he had pushed down his desires.