33 - Fight or Flight.

~𝓟𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓘 𝓵𝓮𝓪𝓿𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝔂𝓸𝓾; 𝓶𝔂 𝓹𝓮𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓘 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓝𝓸𝓽 𝓪𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮𝓼 𝓭𝓸 𝓘 𝓰𝓲𝓿𝓮 𝓽𝓸 𝔂𝓸𝓾. 𝓛𝓮𝓽 𝓷𝓸𝓽 𝔂𝓸𝓾𝓻 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓼 𝓫𝓮 𝓽𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓫𝓵𝓮𝓭, 𝓷𝓮𝓲𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻 𝓵𝓮𝓽 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓶 𝓫𝓮 𝓪𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓲𝓭.~

****
Stacey finished her breakfast in the disguise of lunch, then went through questioning. She was surrounded by curious family members as questions were shot at her on what she felt before slumping - dizzy, what she took- Fruit punch, no drugs. If she remembered anything before or at that moment of taking the drink- No, it was fuzzy. After which, she shook her head and asked to be excused as she felt overwhelmed. Emma nodded and sat back to think, watching her as she made her way outside for fresh air.

Her lungs drew in the air with pleasure as she leaned on the railing and closed her eyes, allowing her mind to clear and her thoughts to settle. Everything seemed to be happening in a rush. She peeled her eyes open and was met with the sight of where they had kissed. A shiver went through her. Where she had kissed him.

The memory of his hands on her and the way his lips had danced with hers brought a sensation that made her body buzz. She couldn't believe she had reacted that way at his touch.

Unexpected jolts of electricity made her tingle as it shot up her body and into her mind. And like a dead battery, her brain lit up and she pressed a hand to her lips. She kissed him. Dylan had said she will and she did, without realizing. She had lost the bet she did not even voluntarily agree too.

"Well played," she laughed incredulously to herself, running her hand through her hair. She would never allow it to happen again, not unless it was in front of the family and it will not be her move. Yesterday was just a crazy day, and she was going to wrap the kiss, the dance and that whole night tightly into one box-

Her thoughts broke when she felt someone staring at her. Her sense heightened and that maddening perfume drifted into her nose. Where had she come from? Grinding her teeth, she paid her no attention glad there was enough space between them. There wasn't Dylan here to bring them together to exchange words.

"Where did he go?"

Kaylee's voice tore into Stacey's ears and irritation sparked but she stayed silent, staring at the clouds moving over each other.

"I'm talking to you."

Stacey rolled her head to her, a questioning look on her face. "Oh me? Thought you were mumbling or something. Well, last I checked I wasn't a GPS tracker."

Kaylee crossed her arms, a slight breeze pushing back her blonde hair. "You're his girlfriend."

Stacey leaned on the railings and crossed her ankles. "Thanks for that information, I was starting to think I was his lost grandmother."

Something flashed through her violet eyes before her mouth twisted into a sly smile. "You don't know, do you? Of course, you don't."

Stacey clenched her jaw, irresponsive. He was in New York, why? She didn't know. But then he lived there, and had a business, so he could be there for any reason. Regardless, it won't be her mouth, Kaylee would hear that from.

She tucked her hair behind her ears. "He didn't let you know he was going. That much was obvious from your disposition this morning. Now," she gave Stacey a once over, her lips tugged up in a corner. "I wonder what type of boyfriend would leave his girlfriend in his family house and fly off without even giving her a heads up on why and where he was going."