7 - Busy right?

~𝒀𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒅𝒊𝒇𝒇𝒆𝒓𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒍𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒍 𝒐𝒇 𝒊𝒎𝒑𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒂𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒊𝒏 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔~

*******
Dylan peered out his window and watched as the third of December dawned radiant and clear. The rising sun warmed half of his features and cast a rosy hue across the morning sky.

Grinning, he strolled over to the kitchen and put the automatic coffee maker on. As the machine whirled, he thought of the set goals he had to accomplish.

Today had to be worth it.

He switched on the television and tuned into the music channel. Using the tone of harmony that drifted around his house, he walked into his closet to pick an outfit. Shuffling through his clothes, he decided on a pair of denim, a button down white shirt, and a black zip up jacket. Today he needed to be irresistible.

Satisfied with his choice of clothes, he stripped out of his night clothes and went for a bath. When he appeared twenty minutes later, he was fresh, clean-shaven, and had a sparkle in his eyes.

Beaming, he tried to twirl into his closet, when he slipped and slammed his jaw on the floor. Rubbing his jaw, he stood and decided to just walk. It was safer anyway. Inside the closet, he donned the outfit he had picked out.

Abruptly, A dull pain throbbed in his lower jaw. Feeling highly uncomfortable, he grabbed a couple of analgesics and walked into the kitchen to down it with a warm cup of coffee. Bad choice but it will do. He glanced at the black leather wristwatch on his hand before going about to switch off the TV and activated the security system. Sure all was good and fine, he sprinted towards the elevator.

Luckily, no one was in. He pressed the ground floor and hummed till he reached the parking lot, where Griffin was already waiting. Dylan patted himself on the back for renting an apartment in the same building for Griffin.

"Morning." Dylan chimed happily as he waved to Griffin and slid into the car, inhaling the scent of the tropics from an air freshener he recently added yesterday. Today he would be giving Stacey a ride and he needed her to compliment it.

"Morning, Dylan." Griffin acknowledged his greeting as he entered the car and revved up the engine. "To Corrie's?"

"To Corrie's."

Today he was prepared.

⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱⊰⊱

Stacey groaned as she kicked the comforter off her. The cold wind that had pushed her into it had now been replaced by sweltering heat.

Shuffling her feet into her slippers, She walked into the adjourned bathroom in her room and proceeded to brush her teeth. A glance in the mirror, made her cringe. Her eyes were startlingly clear but her hair resembled a bird's nest that had just survived a hurricane.

Sighing, she ignored the mirror and went through the process of brushing her teeth, then cleansing her face. When she stepped out few minutes later an unsettling feeling fluttered within her. Today seemed to be important. But she couldn't place her hand on it.

She scanned her room going over the oak wardrobe, to the batch of suitcases that stood next to it, then to the garbage can behind the door. Nothing triggered her memory.

Her eyes shifted to the bed; which the sun pouring out the window had taken a spot on. Nothing. Just a bunch of jumbled sheets. Next was the cream desk that stood opposite it, her eyes zeroed in on the note pad then it clicked.