speak now (dolores x male reader)

Bruno always told you that the woman of your dreams would betrothed to another. You force yourself to get dressed for Dolores and Mariano's wedding. You sigh as you get ready and out your best suit on. your heart aches and you take a glass of whiskey before you leave. not before you fill a flask and head to the madrigal house where the wedding is happening.

"hola casita" you whisper and pat the door frame. You take a sip from your flask and bump into isabela.

"sorry Isa" you apologize

"it's okay... hey are you okay?" she ask concern

"yeah... why wouldn't i be? " you say forcing a smile

"because you love her" Isabela said watching her words

"it doesn't matter... she doesn't love me the same. " you sigh and walk off before she keeps going.

you find your seat and just sit down and drink. Mirabel notices and looks at you worried. she doesn't dare say anything not wanting a scene to go on.

You zone out most of the wedding staring at Dolores and how beautiful she is. you are her best friend and she won't see you as anything but that sadly.

"does anyone object to this marriage? if so speak now or forever hold your peace"

It's quiet for a second but you can't hold your silence anymore. it's your last chance. you stand up and everyone gasp.

"I object!" you say

you walk from your seat to the isle and look at Dolores.

"Lola you and I have been best friends since we've been 4. I know you inside and out. I'm not the type of guy who would ruin an occasion like this but you aren't the type of woman who should be marrying the wrong man. I love you. i've love you for as long as i can remember. so don't say yes to marrying him. Please Lola. " you admit your feelings.

Dolores looks nervous. she runs off.

"what did you do?" Mariano said angry

he goes to punch you and you thankfully dodge him. you push him and run after Dolores. You find her in her room.

"I'm sorry." you apologize

"so you really love me ?" she ask

"yes i do. i always have"

"why didn't you tell me?"

"i thought you only seen me as a best friend " you look at your hands

Dolores walks to you and make you look at her. she kisses you and you kiss back. she pulls away and look at you

"i love you too.. you shouldn't told me "