dolores x child!reader

You can't understand why you couldn't do what you wanted. but then again at 4 nothing makes sense. your papi Mariano told you that you aren't suppose to be painting on the wall and punished you. he even yelled at you out of frustration. you shouted that you hate him and you are hiding in the cabinets in the kitchen. you sniffle as you was crying. you don't want to see your papi since you was mad.

Dolores heard the whole thing and she does and sits outside the cabinets on the floor.

"your papi is sorry for yelling at you. do you need a mami hug?" Dolores ask

she hears you move around in the cabinet. you crack the cabinet a bit.

"are you alone?" you ask

"si conejito. " (yes little rabbit) she said

you come out and practically throw yourself on her. she holds you as you cry in her chest. she rubs your back.

"i just wanted to make a pretty picture" you say sniffling.

"you have to ask someone for paper conejito. "

"but i asked casita and they said yes" you pout

"well let's stick to paper next time okay?"

you nod and hold on to her.

"mami.."

"hm"

"i don't hate papi. I love him. he's gonna be mad at me"

"i don't think Papi is mad. he went into town. how about we draw him a picture hm?" she ask you

you nod and hold on to Dolores. she takes you upstairs and help you with paper and crayons. you stick your tongue out as you concentrate on making a drawing. you draw you, mariano and Dolores.

"look mami!" you whisper shout showing her

she smiles big and kisses your head.

"papi is going to love it "