best friends (mirabel x male reader)

8 year old Mirabel smiles at the new day and runs off to your house. today you guys planned on making kites together.

she freezes as she sees a donkey with a wagon and your parents loading it up. you are leaning against the house with tears running down your face.

"(y/n)?" Mirabel said

she rushes over and trips over her own feet. you quickly grab her so she doesn't fall on her face.

"Mira... you're my best friend and this maybe the only time i see you again. I have to go away. " you say and start crying.

Mirabel cries too and holds on to you.

"hijo we need to go." your mom says hating to break you two up.

"bye Mirabel. i won't ever forget you." you said

"Bye (y/n)... i.. I love you." she said.

"I love you too." you said

she watches you and your parents head off until she couldn't see you anymore.

(8 years later)

Mirabel recently turned 16 and she is walking into town. there seems to be gossip going around about a man coming back with his son. apparently they use to live here and the mother died of an illness so they came back. 

you are working around town square after you got you put your bags at your old house. you see familiar curly hair.

"can it be?" you say to yourself.

you try to get a clear view of her face. you see glasses and it has to be.

"Mirabel!" you shout

she looks your way. she tilts her head for a minute and the realizes who you are.

"(y/n)?"

you smile and make your way to her. she runs full speed to you and you open your arms. she hugs you and you spin her around.  you got your best friend back.