02

Clementine awoke with a start, jolting out of bed. There was a loud pounding on the door to her room. It wasn't unusual for there to be loud noises outside of her room at the Three Broomsticks, but this was deliberate.

"It's eight in the morning on a bloody Saturday! Leave!" She shouted at the person violently assailing her door. Clementine pulled her silk robe tight across her chest as she practically ripped the door from its hinges to see Theodore Nott grinning down at her.

"Morning, Beautiful." He brushed past Clementine and made himself at home in her bed. "Get dressed. We're late."

"The only thing I am late for is another hour of sleep." Clementine held the door open for Theo, "You can come back later once I'm well rested, thank you."

"You're always so touchy in the morning." Theo's lip quirked. "Seriously, though. We are late as it is and we need to get going. This whole living off-campus thing is going to get you into a lot of trouble."

"Maybe I like trouble." Clementine raised a brow, "Did you ever think of that?"

"Only all the time, Love." Theo let his hands run over her satin bedsheets. He looked up at her suggestively as he leaned backwards to get a better look at her form.

"And what exactly are we late for?" The floor underneath Clementine's feet creaked as she shifted on her heels impatiently changing the subject. She had given up on Theo leaving and accepted his presence.

"A faculty meeting." Theo said as if it were the most obvious thing in the world, "Did McGonagall forget to tell you? It's mandatory for all teachers and staff to attend. That means you and me."

"Everyone is going to attend?" Clementine could feel her chest tighten. She hadn't exactly gotten off to a good start with Draco last night, and she wasn't sure he was going to handle her being there very well.

"Is that going to be a problem for you?" Theo tilted his head to the side and watched her curiously, "You left dinner in a hurry last night."

"No problem." She responded flatly as she walked over to stand in front of her dresser. She could see him watching her through the mirror. "Now get out of here so I can get changed."

"It's nothing I haven't seen before." Theo stood up to stand behind her. He placed his hand on her hip and rest his head on her shoulder. Clementine had to admit that they looked good together, and it felt natural as she melted into him.

"Not now." She removed his hand and twisted to face him, resting her hands on his chest she could feel his heart beat. There was a tug of hesitation in the back of her mind that wanted to seriously consider his proposition, "Like you said... We're going to be late."

"Some things are worth being late for." His breath tickled her nose. His face mere inches away from her own.

"Tempting." She hummed while tracing the buttons on his shirt. "But not today. Now be a good boy and wait out in the hall for me."

"Yes, Ma'am." Theo winked.

She wasted no time throwing on the first thing she could find. It was a sundress that kept her surprisingly warm in the crisp, fall air.

"Ready?" Clementine leaned on the doorframe a few minutes later, watching Theo stand around looking bored out of his mind. She twisted the braids in her hair to sit nicely on the top of her head.

"Things would be a lot easier if we could apparate in and out of the castle." Theo huffed in frustration as they walked down the stairs. Each step creaked loudly, announcing their arrival. It was quiet in The Three Broomsticks. Only a few locals sat around the bar drinking their morning coffee and chatting with Madam Rosmerta. She nodded at the two as they left the building. "Or you could just live in the castle with the rest of us."