10

"How did you know I was coming?" Clementine asked Luna as she settled in at the breakfast table.

"Intuition, and possibly a bit of divination." Luna sang as she poured two cups of tea. One room over they could hear Neville still snoring away. "That, and I saw you walking in the halls with Draco last night when I was checking for nargles."

Clementine blushed "I would say it's not what you think, but that would be a lie."

"You're picking up right where you and Draco left off." Luna hummed as if it were obvious. "With Theo as well."

"Yeah..." Clementine hesitated. "It's weird, isn't it? Falling right back into place where we were at sixteen. I don't know how I feel about it all."

"You three have a bit of unfinished business you need to resolve, is all." Luna sipped at her tea. "It'll work itself out eventually."

"I just..." Clementine searched for the words to explain, "It feels like we're all so intertwined that I can't differentiate my feelings for them both. It's all so unclear."

"Divination often gives us insight into the future." Luna looked at the tea leaves settled in the bottom of her empty cup. Her bright eyes looked up to meet Clementine's, "But sometimes looking to the past can be just as insightful. Do you need any more tea?"

Clementine looked down at her day-old clothes and frowned, "I hate to ask, but do you have anything clean I can borrow? I won't have time to get to Hogsmeade and back before our staff meeting."

Luna stood up, sweeping across the room, "You can follow me. Just be quiet, Neville didn't get in until very late last night, and I don't want to disturb him."

Clementine suppressed the urge to tell her about Pansy, silently following Luna to her wardrobe. The room was dark with the curtains drawn to keep out the light. Neville turned over in the bed, but kept snoring softly.

"Pick anything you want." Luna said proudly as she rifled through her brightly colored dresses and shirts. She looked back at her bed to watch Neville with a soft, loving smile on her face. It made Clementine feel even worse for the girl. She was too full of kindness to be treated this way.

Clementine grimaced as she ran her hands over a dress made entirely of faux diricawl feathers. She was definitely going to stand out at work today no matter what outfit she picked.

"Thanks, Luna." She said as she picked out the least-ostentatious looking dress that was bright pink with purple clouds that drifted across the front as it moved. It wasn't her style at all, but it would have to do. "I'll return it as soon as possible."

"Don't forget the matching hat! It completes the set." Luna grabbed a hat that was shaped like a raincloud. It had glass beaded raindrops around the rim that made a clinking noise when they hit one another.

"Only you could pull off a hat like that, Luna." Clementine graciously turned down the offer.

She went into the bathroom to get dressed and looked at herself in the mirror with a frown. The dress was loud. Nobody was going to miss her in this outfit. Luna's style was undeniably out there. It worked for her, but only for her. Clementine lacked the unabashed confidence to wear something so quirky. The dress was wearing her instead of the other way around.

Clementine took a few more minutes to freshen up, cleaning her face and fixing her hair before returning to the kitchen. Neville had finally gotten out of bed and greeted her with a smile as he fixed himself his morning cup of tea.

"You look nice." Neville grinned, admiring his fiancée's dress on the witch.

"I look like Luna." Clementine blushed, tucking her hair behind her ear. She sat back down at the table and drank from her now-cold cup of tea.