03

MY EYES are still swollen because of something that happened last time. I never thought that my so-called stepbrother would kiss me! I'm supposed to be his sister! 

I faintly walked down to my bedroom. I'm already wearing my new uniform. Thanks to God, the dress was just right for me. It would definitely be a disaster if it didn’t fit me. I temporarily stopped walking when I saw Zach. I look down, why does it feel like I am the one who has done something bad to him? 

"Hurry up and eat, I'll wait for you outside," he commanded. 

I frowned at what he said. Why would he wait for me? Zach seemed to notice the strange expression on my face so he immediately added to what he said. 

"You're going to study where I work so I'll take you with me." I nodded at what he said.

"All right, thank you." 

He didn't answer me, instead he just stared at me before he finally passed. 

Before I could enter the kitchen my attention caught the table where the vase was placed. My two cheeks heated when I remembered what happened last night. That demon kissed me on that wall! I bit my lower lip and shook my head. I should stop thinking about that anymore. And that thing shouldn’t have happened.

I sighed before entering the kitchen. I immediately saw mom busy preparing food. 

"Good morning mom," I greeted her. 

It immediately turned to me and gave me a sweet smile. 

"Collin already told Zach to take you with him. Zach didn't reply, if he doesn't take you to school I'll just take you," she explained. 

I immediately shook my head at him, "He already agreed, he told me earlier that we will go together ..." 

Her eyes widened at what I said. She didn't seem to expect Zach to agree to what Uncle Collin said. Honestly, me too, I didn’t expect him to keep up with me. Or maybe this is the way he apologizes to me? Maybe he had been drunk before and didn’t know what he was doing. And this is part of his apology. 

I breathed a sigh of relief. 

"Mom, I'll just get my food. Zach is waiting for me. I love you," I said goodbye. 

Mom nodded and handed me my lunchbox. He also handed me my wallet which looked like he had money in it. 

"Be careful, honey! Message me if you need something. I love you too," she said. 

I nodded and kissed my mother on the cheek. I smiled at it first before I left the house. There were only four cars outside so I could easily find Zach’s car. I walked over to its car. He immediately lowered the car window. 

"Go inside." I nodded quickly and got into the car. 

“Thanks,” I thanked him. 

He immediately raised an eyebrow to me. As if he's saying that he's not doing this for his own will. So brutal.

"You're living in my home so I don't want you to disobey my rules. Do you understand?" he asked coldly. 

I bit my lower lip. Is this really how he speaks to everyone? He is like a dictator and I have no right to disobey him. 

"If you want you and your mother to stay in my house, it would be better if you follow me," he said before turning on the car. 

I nodded at what he said. Is there anything else I can do?

"I'm not asking you to use that fucking head of yours to reply."

My hands trembled as I softly nodded, "I-I'm sorry f-for that..."