05

"OH MY GOD honey! What happened to your hair?!" my mom hysterically asked.

My tears keep streaming over my cheeks. I glanced at my stepbrother, Zach, and our gazes immediately met. I immediately turned my eyes on my mom. She gently stroked my cheeks.

"Who did this? I can't believe it!" my mom keeps asking.

Can I tell her that Zach did this to me? But I'm scared. Remembering how Zach hurt me physically and molesting me, I doubt that he won't hurt my mommy. 

Having a brother is one of my dreams. But having Zach is a nightmare. My mom sat beside me while she said sorry. I know somehow she's blaming herself. I saw uncle Colling anxiously stare at me. He glances at Zach who is completely staring at me without any emotions.

"Zach, can we talk?" uncle Collin asked.

Zach didn't speak, he kept staring at me-- no he's actually glaring at me. It seems like he is threatening me to shut up my mouth. I gulped as I looked down to my fingers. 

I heard a loud bang of the door, making me realize that Zach is finally left. My heart keeps pounding like a crazy human being. I'm so scared. I'm scared of Zach. 

"Honey, please tell me, who did this to  you?" mom gently asked.

I can't help but stare at my mom's face. She looks fragile and innocent. If I told her the thing happened, she might be broken and left uncle Collin. My mind keeps telling me to tell her that Zach did this to me, but my emotions keep refusing.

I softly shook my head, "I-It's nothing mom. Just a transferee stuff."

My mom breathes heavily as she hugs me tightly. Then, I also wrapped my hands all over her waist. It actually calmed me down. I know that Zach won't hurt me with my mom beside me. 

"I will ask Zach to put you in his class so he can take care of you," my mom announced.

Suddenly, my heart temporarily stops beating. The idea of Zach being my professor makes me terrified. It seems like I am letting a cat catch the mouse. 

"N-No mom, it's just a g-game! You don't have t-to do t-that!" I cried harshly while shaking my head.

"Do what?" uncle Collin suddenly asked.

His brows are meeting each other while confusingly stared at us. At his back, Zach is staring at me making me look down. 

"I told her to ask Zach to be her professor so Zach can take care of her," my mom explained.

I grabbed my mom's shirt to stop her. The idea of her isn't good. There is no way that Zach's gonna take care of me! He's crazy!

"I can do that," Zach spoke.

Zach grabbed his phone and showed it to mom. Mom smiles softly. While they are obviously having a good time thinking how to avoid this from happening again to me, I am shivering and my mind is definitely blowing. 

After an hour, Zach softly nodded at my mom, "I can manage this."

"Y-You don't have to! You k-know, I can h-handle myself."

Zach glared at me. I gulped as I shut my mouth. My mom was about to speak when her phone rang. Both of my eyes went to my mom who is standing beside me.

"Oh God! I forgot, I have a meeting with my lawyer about your inheritance. Can I go for a while?" my mom apologetically smiled at me.

My jaw almost dropped. No! She can't leave me alone with this demon! I immediately shook my head and grabbed her arms.

"N-No mom, don't leave please?" I begged.

Mommy glaced at uncle Collin. Uncle Colling wryly smiled at me. He went beside me and raised his hand to softly caress my hair, but Zach grabbed his father's arm.

"Don't touch her..." he said using a threatening tone.

Uncle Collin gasped, "What do you mean, Zach?"

"Kali has just experienced violence so it's better to avoid touching her first. Kali may suddenly have trauma," he said, full of concern. 

I want to laugh at what he said. Is he joking? He is the reason this happened to me. I bit my lower lip and clenched my fist. 

"Oh, anyway, you're right there. But Kali, we've only been there for a while. Zach is here, he won't let you get hurt," Uncle Collin said. 

I wanted to insist that they not leave me with Zach but eventually they left anyway. If before I still had strength inside, now it is slowly disappearing. Zach sat down next to me and put his arm around me. With his left hand he freely stroked my cheek. 

"Stop it Zach I beg you .." 

He laughed softly and kissed my temple tenderly. 

"I won't hurt you Kali if you follow me," he said. 

He acted like a loving brother.  Caress and tender kiss. But no matter what he does, the fact that he hit me and molested me will not change. 

"Zach please! Stop doing this. I promise you, I won't tell mommy what you did. Just please! Don't do this again, I beg you. Stop it," I begged.

Zach laughed softly and grabbed my jaw. He slowly turned my face to him. Almost all of the blood in my body was drained when our eyes met. The corner of his lip lifted as a cold look shot at me. 

"Remember this Kali, I will never stop you and leave you. You are mine," he laughed devilishly. 

Before I could move, his lips touched mine. He kissed me softly but it hurt me. Probably because I knew I had no escape from him. 

"No one has the ability to take you away from me, Kali. Remember that," he said softly. 

He continued kissing my lips as he slowly laid me down on the hospital bed. Before his hand could travel over my body, a loud knock came from outside. 

"Fuck it," he hissed.