Prologue

A sigh left your lips, pulling back your fingers from typing any further you held your neck, feeling it sore from unmoving. You close your eyes momentarily, opening it once more to look at who entered.

The door glass door swung, entering your boss. You perked up, "Well, you're kind of late. It's almost noon." Looking upon the clock that hung on the opposite wall of your desk. "There's no meeting or whatsoever, I'm not needed here all the time either." He sassed back.

"probably got drunk and f!cked someone last night..." mumbling inaudibly under your breath which earned you a confused look from him.

"The pile of paperworks on your desk says otherwise, the amount of emails you collect says hi and the calls you left unattended demands you. You still have the whole day sir." Ending with a strained smile, his brows almost meeting, he glares at you.

"Who's the boss here?"

"And who's actually working almost all of 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 works? Don't forget I'm saving your lazy ass from sir Koko." Going back to work. He scowled even more before walking into his office, "Oh and sir! please read the e-mail I sent you as soon as possible!" You yelled before he closes the door.

You and your boss, Rindou, have this love-hate relationship as workers ever since you worked under him. It have been years since you were hired into the company, Kokonoi specifically hired the assistant after the second time where Rindou slept with his asisstants.

Kokonoi finally had a great luck meeting you in an interview, someone overqualified and someone who wasn't charmed by Rindou, infact you two instantly went in bad bloods. Of course, the wage was considerably high after you almost quitted and Kokonoi couldn't miss the chance of having you in the company.

Sure, you two were in a not-so-great relationship and interaction. But hey, you managed to continue to work with him for years and the amount of money you saved and investing is $$. It's all going to be fine, you already filed a resignation paper, besides it's sir Koko who would actually have the final approvement.

"It's obvious he has a hungover, squinting everytime the light hits him. He doesn't look good either. Serves him right." You snickered to yourself, laughing maniacally inwardly.

Despite that love-hate relationship, you two would were companions of each other.

In the late mundane afternoon, you feel satisfied as you can finally relax. You finished writing works and notes, contacting clients and finishing emails. Luckily there was no huge business or work upcoming before your resignation.

Your mind were off to wander, what would you finally do after resigning? You would probably have to work a small business. A cafe? perhaps a bakery? You were pretty much workaholic anyways. The money you saved would probably last for years worth and you were investing so it would still add to your savings.

You particularly didn't have a family left, should you settle down on the countryside? Go back to your hometown? You didn't know. But you hoped that you'll finally find a spouse for you.

It's been atleast two years ago since you've broken up with your ex. And you haven't been in a relationship ever since, resigning might be better to find a suitable and loveable partner.

That moment of peace was broken when the door of your superior's office abruptly swings open. "YOU'RE RESIGNING?!" He looked like he sprinted from his desk, his purple dyed hair's dishiveled. His eyes were wide and looked like bulging out at any second, it was as if he couldn't believe the news.

"Did you just read that? And did you expect me to stay with you forever?" He looks at you with the most shocked and unexpected look, like he was seeing something that wasn't suppose to happen.

"wHO cARES if I j-Just rEad i-it! YOU'RE NOT QUITTING!" He stammers, slamming both of the palms of his hand on your desk. You look at him incredibously, "Excuse me? I am. And I will." Holding the same stern stare as him, you both were competing in stares.

"I'm your. Boss." He comes a little forward, his eyes sharply gazing at yours. You felt cold sweat drip on your temple but didn't show yourself intimidated.

"Unfortunately for you sir, sir Koko decides to whether I do resign or not. I'm just informing you."

"what?!"

"Are you forgetting that sir Koko was the one who hired me and not you? Not also that he also said that because you'd fire like when you tried to the first day we worked together." Raising a brow at him. He pulled back with his brows still furrowed.

He was thinking deeply about this, Kokonoi! That damned lizard! He should be talking to him!

He hurriedly sprints out of the room, on his way to a certain money maker of the Bonten group. "Hey, uh, can I go out early 'cause... I... already finished.. my works...?" You couldn't even finish your sentence as you watched him speedily made his way out, what was the fuss all about anyways? Shouldn't he be glad that the assistant of his that he's so annoyed of would be leaving? Then again, you the great and magnificent person and probably the most responsible one is a great loss from him. No one could ever finish his pile of works other than you.

You just couldn't understand that stubborn head of his.

Rindou was internally panicking and running around the building finding Kokonoi and [Name] was left to pack her things for an early dismissal.