Chapter 13

It's been such a long time. And yet you could still remember the day you stepped foot on the company. You chuckled at the thought, how remarkable you two were. Such an odd pair of a 'cat and dog' working together.

Well atleast, one of them. Did I say work together? I meant fight each other — jokes aside, you two were amusing albeit annoying to watch. Atleast to the executives that is.

But enough about that. You'd like to relive your first day just to get the laughs back with how the situations turned out in the present.

~

The nerves weren't settling quite well within you and every being of your conscience tells you to turn back. The tall building looms over your small figure infront of you, never had you expect yourself to turn and apply a job at a criminal association; despite it being the only facade and shallow waters.

But you also had enough with countless job interviews and scammers despite your well over enough resume, guess a newly-graduate(for almost a year already) was an easy catch. You've had enough of adulthood after college, harsh at how life actually starts.

So you turned to your fellow classmate that had recommended you, discreetly as possible she offers you a job to a high-paying company. That being said you refused as soon as you've heard about the company's name, a recently popular company that revolves around the rumors of which dark and deep secrets hide. And you weren't gullible to believe they were just rumors.

Despite all of that, money was a top priority. And hard work doesn't always pays off, you might try and live off hardship but it could only go so far. And if you can't grab hold of the opportunity right infront of you, then you might as well be ignorant.

Yet to apply for a company that runs by criminals, have you stoop too low? That's just how morals can be twisted in life, not that it gave you an excuse.

You shouldn't contemplate about this right infront of the building. You took a deep breath and braced yourself, the very least, you can fight back.

The dyed white-haired male seemed to be satisfied by your answer, "not bad..." he notes as he continues to write down any notes regarding you. He'd take glances back on you once a while, giving you an even more reason to be anxious about. Cold sweat drips every passing seconds, as if a ticking noise began to edge you internally.

The other applicants were on another room in the waiting room. Many of them looked a few years older than you, having experience you had yet to gain. You were bold to even apply the position of the secretary with how the only experience you have with part-time jobs from when you were a student.

But it's all within the plan, you're a top student who passed with flying colors — as unbelievable as it can be. You've been recommended by a department manager of their company. You only plan to get the interest of the person overseeing the applications.

He nods, closing his eyes momentarily as he closes the folder, his voice snaps you back to reality. "Well, miss [Last Name], you seem promising," those words puts you to a short ease, "You can head back on the waiting room, I'll be deciding the secretary today. Send the next one after you." He dismisses.

You can't believe results would be too soon, has he atleast already considered you in the company? For sure you atleast fits the requirement of another position. Maybe you should've just applied normally on another position. But being ambitious and a little hopeful isn't too bad...?

Now that you take a good look at it, every applicant was a female and had atleast very much dressed and made such a pleasant look. All in which are beauties but a little too revealing in your taste. You grimaced, you feel a little well under the standards standing next to them.