Chapter 12

Barely one forth of the items you bought was bought by your own money, and the rest was Rindou's. "'dEaL iT's YOuR hArDwOrK AnYwAyS', what happened to that."

"You did bought right? besides I already said I'll spoil you." He said getting on the driver's seat after putting the bags at the trunk, putting his seatbelt on you do the same. "I think you'll look good in what I bought anyways. You were even smiling when I bought for you, I think you should wear it all the time. It brighten ups my day."

Your cheeks began to heat up but you restrain yourself from it, what was with him this day? He's been sliding compliments and flirtatious comments recently. "That smile was out of consideration. You want me to wear it all the time?"

His droopy eyes momentarily shift his gaze on you, "Then I guess any smile you wear just brightens my day." You couldn't help but flushed in bright red, face palming yourself as he was getting either too cheesy or bold. "I hate you..."

"what?"

"Yeah, number seven, you're too flirtatious." Taking this opportunity again to have an upperhand.

"what? No. I wasn't exactly 'flirty'."

"Then every word you said sounds flirty." You shrugged.

"what? You hate me because of that?"

"Yeah" I swear this guy.. You inwardly clutch your chest. He's always been smooth about it but he's really shooting his chances this day.

"Wait, when did you even told me about the sixth reason you hated me?"

"um..." I can't understand you. Ahh... wait, that was just in the spur of the moment, you can't tell him that night. It was embarrassing, for the both of you.

"It was when you were drunk."

"What was it then?"

"I already said it." You faced the window, ignoring him, "You've got be kidding me, tell me."

"Nope."

"Let's have dinner then."

"I hope you're not taking me to a fancy restaurant. It's uncomfortable there." Looking blankly at him, bullseye, you thought as he went stiff. "Of course not."

Of course yes. Rindou thought, why is she always two steps ahead... guess I'll cancel my reservation.

And as if luck was on his side, a drive thru, he should just take you on an evening picnic! "Let's have a little bit of detour first." He says driving into the drive thru of a fast food restaurant.

"You know we could've just had dinner in my place." You snickered, after the two of you hurriedly went inside his car with the fortunately dry foods. It suddenly pour down when the two of you almost settled down.

"Ahh..." He sighs exasperatedly, guess luck took back his fortune. "You don't have to be so upset, we could still have dinner here. If you don't mind."

"Not at all." Shaking his head, "Thanks for the food I guess." You say handing his and then opening yours, you see that scowl still on his face still not fading. "Fast foods and rain." You mumbled.

You then turn your head to see the purple-eyed male in a sour mood. "Are you still upset about it? It's nothing to be so down about, we don't control the weather anyways." Reassuring the man who ate with a bad mood. "Why'd you want to hang out anyways? Not that it's bad or anything."

"I just want to."

You look at him with hidden astonishment, he's blunt about it, huh. "You know..." Stopping from eating first, putting down your chopsticks, "We've been getting along real well this past two weeks. And we haven't actually formally settled our 'bad' and 'arguing' past."

You brought him your raised hand, inviting him to a handshake, "We can settle it officially now then. Let's be 'officially' friends."

"What's with the the 'officially friends'?" Despite his question he shook hands with you. "Because we fight like cats and dogs."

"You still hate me." Rindou lets go of the handshake and looks down at his food as he cocks his head to the side. Frustrated at the thought of the past weeks.

You stayed silent, staring at his side-view that made him subconsciously look away. "Forget about it." You simply said. He looks at bewilderedly with furrowed brows.

"You probably already pieced it together that it was an utter bullshit anyway." You say as you now looked at your food on your lap. Twirling the utensil on your hand.

The two-toned mullet haired male felt sheer embarrasment as he didn't realize it any sooner. He had doubts but the man was too focused on how to avoid any more reasons to hate him.

"Then the ten reasons— ?"

"It's more like 10 complaints about my boss' personality" you quipped playfully. Rindou stared at you with an incredulous look, squinting his eyes on you.

"I hate you." You piped.

"What? Didn't you say that..." He was getting more confused by the second.

"Yeah, but I do, kind of. Well, not to point I'll hold a grudge against you. But I have reasons" You looked at him with a soft expression, weirdly enough, it gave Rindou a sense of pure relief. "So, quit it boss and eat."

"It's great that we probably ended on a good note, I'll be leaving work soon anyways." You two had already finish 'dinner' and Rindou was driving you home, the soft pitter patter of the rain can be heard as it hits against the car's roof.

"Can't you just stay? It's too earlier for a retirement." His grip on his steering wheel was getting tighter, "I could..." That put him to a brief relief, but...

"I won't. I'm at the time where I just want to find a partner."

"Then why not just find one while you're still working for me?" Why not me?

"Because I also want to settle down, I think I've said this before. It's not entirely a retirement but all I want is to have it simple from then on, meet my future husband, know him more before I get married. I'd like to marry two or three years from now." You said while looking out of the window, Rindou side glanced your figure. You really do dream of love.

Sometimes he's worried you might not, then he might not really have a chance. "I see." He simply said, You can know me more in the future.

"We're here."

"Hey, Rindou. Thanks." You said one last time before going in to your house.

"Anytime." He stood infront of your house, watching you went inside first like he insisted. He lingers for a while, a small dopy smile on his lips before coming back to his car.

When you hear that he's no longer there, you collapsed to your knees. It's getting harder for me to leave. You really want me to hate you. You chuckled in thought.