Chapter 4

It was no secret that your boss is incredibly handsome — of course you wouldn't outwardly admit this. You've already been informed of how many of Rindou's previous secretaries hooked up with him. You got a strict lecture about it, it turns out it wasn't needed when you two met.

No matter how far attractive this man is, you knew not to instantly fall for the likes like him, especially when he's your boss. Buf it doesn't get Rindou blocked from his intimate kinship with ladies.

In fact atleast once a month — twice, if persistent, there would be women coming in the office to meet him. Annoyingly flirtatious and sleazy, you of course grew used to it but you try to see them out to get out of the way of work. No more than that.

It was no exception for the blonde lady who came in at noon, in the middle of your lunch. She had an obvious strained smile — noticeably holding in from lashing out since you've been long from keeping her out.

"I just want to meet with Rindou—"

"— 'Sir Haitani' is busy with his own work. I have to remind you that we are at work not a place for you to sleep in. You'll need an appointment, a proper appointment if you'd like to meet with him. Learn to set ahead of time." You ended with a professional smile. This has been atleast twice since she'd come over without any reminder beforehand. And yet she didn't bother to learn anything.

"Look here, Rinny and I have this special thing going on." Twirling a lock of her hair, her voice getting ridiculously whiny. "And I don't think you know how happy he would be if he sees me. He even promised to see me again."

Your smile didn't falter, actually it even grew to a grin. Your eyes eerily open in cresent moons, glinting annoyance. "And I wouldn't care, this is a time of work not casual dally."

"It's lunch." She had her lips in a smirk, feeling smug about her comment, she emphasized the last word.

Having enough of the unwanted female, interrupting a good meal, you then started dialing the security. "I'll be calling security. Kindly leave, uninvited guest." Emphasizing your last words, an underlying tone of smugness.

The blonde's smile began to falter, her shoulders shook, "w-what? How da—

"You have no means to be offended, unwanted person, in this workplace, I, who works directly under the boss. How much do you think my influence and authority is in this workplace?" You uttered, trying to be professional as ever. Crossing your legs, you placed your elbow on your desk and you leaned on your palm.

She grits her teeth, her brows furrowed in frustration, one brow was twitching. "I'll come back." Walking — stomping, her heels obnoxiously clicking against the floor.

"Of course you will." You whispered under your breath, rolling your eyes discreetly, "Make sure you make an appointment ahead of time. Also,"

The blonde turns around as you call her, "Don't make too ridiculous assumptions. Boss' standards aren't that low, he just flings." You said rather sweetly.

"Ugh!" She lets out a frustrated groan, left the room with slamming the door loudly. Your smile dropping the moment she stepped out. "Good riddance."

You leaned back on your swivel chair, looking at the unfinished meal on the side of your table. "I don't feel like eating anymore..." You mumbled, you let out an exasperated sigh.

Your gaze shifts to the door to your boss' office. "He's not even here." Remembering how he left saying he'd have lunch with the other executives. "He doesn't even need to tell me about it."

Weird. Your boss has been weird ever since you said you were leaving. The fact that the was still kind of odd hasn't change, like a kid throwing a tantrum, he's even more like someone on a period, you thought.

Mid-afternoon, the day was only few hours away from ending. Work is life but weekends are lifer — it doesn't really make sense but you learned to be motivated by it.

You delivered the folders to your boss,  stacking them on the side of his desk, he continues to type away on his computer. You quietly hum and neatly placed the last, "Boss."

He hums in acknowledgement, he side glanced at you. "Could you not announce to every woman you slept with where you work." You said in a straight face.

He flinched, raising a brow at you, "what?" He wasn't that oblivious, in fact, he intentionally tells the girls about this. Atleast before, he doesn't do it anymore for atleast over a year now. The only reason why he did so, was to bother you.

Why was the topic coming back now?

"They're very tedious to 'work' with. Especially when they don't set up time ahead." You blatantly stated, "Why don't you deal with them yourself, boss."

Purple eyes shifted to the side, "uh huh." He says in the most disinterested tone. "Don't stain the workplace, it's distracting." You said albeit more loudly now.

"You have no filter."

"I have, I've been trying to. It's just that you have no filter in mind." You retort.

Clashing glares at him, he squints his droopy eyes, "What are you so worked up about?"

"My boss can be so mortifying."

"What's in your mind?" You can hear the smirk from his words, you rolled your eyes. "How disgusting you think." You retort.

The clicking of the door was hear, opening, you both turn attentively towards the entrance. "Well, speak of the devil."

Dyed blonde locks entered, she fluttered her lashes coyly with her chest puff, "Rinny, looks like you're secretary's out— oh." She halt her words as she sees you by his side, a smirk then made its way to her red lips, "nevermind~"

"For goodness sake." You muttered under your breath, "Do you have an appointment with sir Haitani?"

"Well no, but I'm sure he wouldn't mind. Right Rinny~?" She purred, acting overly cutesy and confident. She leaned with her head tilt by the doorsill.

"Huh? I don't know you." Rindou sneered with his eyelids lower, glaring through his lashes.

Poor girl, you thought, couldn't even get remembered by a bastard. That's what you get for hoping to someone like him. "Look miss, this has been the third time already. I'd like you to kindly leave the premises, and come back when you have an appointment so I could get you on schedule."

"What? No!" She screeched.

Please don't make a fuss.

"I'll be staying here, Rinny!"

She's making a fuss.

"Leave." Rindou stated, "Don't ever show your face to me." He began standing up, alerting you.

"Don't." You stated, you came over to the blonde whose gaze keeps shifting between you two. "I'll be seeing her out."

"No, no, no!" The blonde desperately says, "I know you wanna cling to someone wealthy and powerful, but my boss isn't someone you could just stuck out. You'll get killed with one mistake." You whispered behind her ear, hovering your hand over her back, "Still, have some dignity and morals. You'll waste yourself to him."

She looks at you with a pained and irritated expression, she then harshly slaps you and leaves. Rindou shot up from his seat, "don't." You side glanced at him.

"Don't play with someone's feelings. Even if it was just flings, don't drag them." You said, monotonously acting.

"She's just one of the leeches—"

"—yet you gave her false hope? Or maybe she's just persistent." You cut him off, "Better yet, why don't you just cut your habit off?"

"[Name]."

"Boss, sorry for working up so much, just like you said. I just hate your attitude." Chuckling bitterly, "I hate scums like you."

Having your own past experience, "Reason number four as to why I hate you." You bit your lip, "You are such a manwhore."