Chapter 1

You walk into the office, swinging the door open, your boss, Rindou, was seating on your desk. He seems like he was deep in thought, he attentively turns he's head at your arrival.

"Well... that's rare, you're early." You casually chimed, making your way behind your desk as you set your things up. "Why are you resigning?" The first thing he asks.

"You're... asking me?" He nods, surely listening as his undivided attention is all on you. "Shouldn't you already know that? You're basically one of my reasons why I'm leaving."

"I'm what?!"

"We've been fighting like dogs and cats for years, worked with each other for years, and talking to each other for years. Besides, we hate each other's guts." Every fact you said comically hits Rindou's head. "No, we don't!"

You look at him dumfounded, "N-not to the point you'd have to quit. You're more than tolerable now." Rindou curses himself, he hates you, yes, hated the fact he had feelings for you.

"Was that suppose to be a compliment?" You replied emotionless, "Well you're tolerable, too, just not all the time." Opening your laptop, looking away from him to the screen.

His own words backlashed against him, "Now, sir, we have to get back to work—"

"Tell me why?"

"what?"

"T-tell me, Can you tell me why you're quiting."

"Well... for starters sir, I accimulated enough money for years worth. I also wanted to settle in and find a job that's more than just office work everyday."

"You can work even more longer to have more money, and then you could resign. A few more years could still do the job." He grab both of your shoulders.

You took a deep inhale, pushing his hold off you, "Sir. I know I'm workaholic, but do you think I'm a machine, a robot, do you think I always wanted to stick to a routine? Do you think I have no freedom to choose and relax and settle down?"

"Of course not." He backs up and wipes his face, clearly disatisfied and embarrased as his words were misinterpreted. 'He's quite moody today.' You watched as it seems like many thing are going thru his mind.

The edges of your lips turns up as you thought of an idea, smirking, "Then, Sir Rindou Haitani. Boss of mine for years, we've fought, talked back and bantered. Do you wanna know why you're one of the reasons why I'm quiting?"

He raises his brow, looks like he's paying attention very well. "Go on."

"Then before that, I'll have you know that you might get offended. And as my boss, you might just be the end of me." Smiling hugely as you see his brows furrowed. He squints his droopy eyes on you.

"It's not the first time you dissed at me." He says unbothered, your smile twitches, "Then okay,

I'll give you 10 reasons why I hate you." You smiled victoriously. His brows furrowed, "w-what?" His heart begins to feel a pinch or probably a punch from that statement, panic rising in the back of his mind.

'It's not like I hate him really. The title seemed to childish and maybe exagerrated too.' Your thoughts right now would probably make him feel relief, but he was no mind reader. Aside from that, he was feeling regret and grief, you probably hated him for the things he did.

"That's right, I hate you." Crossing your finger from behind, 'Now all I have to do is think of ten reasons why I hate him, gosh, wish I could just leave.'

"Now... Number one." You grab your notebook and tablet, he looks at the things your brought out. "You sir, are quite a handful."

"what?"

"You do troubles too much, skip work and even if you did do your work, it's all half-assed and I have to finish it, and not only that you ruined my time table." You said glaring at him, while he stood dumbfounded. "Look at this schedule, it's for this week. I have to reschedule everything twice this week, and guess what it's wednesday!"

He opens his mouth to say his opinions but you beat him first, "When you're not doing work, I'm the one who's going to be responsible for it, when calls needed you sir, I'm the one who have to excuse you. I'll have to overtime for some days because the piles of unfinished works are piling and I know more works will be delivered tomorrow. I couldn't even dream of having to call a sick day, I know my work would be piling up double time! or worst triple!"

You breath in and out, even huffing through your nose. Rindou was backing away, your eye twitches. "The only probable thing that motivates me is the high paying wage sir Koko had promised me for such a tedious position of working as your secretary. In other words, it's money that motivates me." Despite stressing out, sparkles pops out when money was mentioned.

Rindou was more terrified at how stressed out you looked. You took another breather and composed yourself. "You good?" Rindou asked, raising a brow warily.

"fine."

"oh... I'll work now." He scratches behind his head. "what?" You deadpanned, 'Did you take pity of your hard-working employee now that she told you how wearily her work is? Why now?!'

"I'll go work now..." He motions to the door of his office. He enters his office still maintaining a sheepish gaze with you. You shooed him away to his office until he does so.

You released a sigh you didn't know you held, "what's wrong with him?" You chuckled under your breath. He actually gets scared, cute, you thought.

You hear the door open, seeing Rindou yet again.

"Boss?"

"Uh.. so yeah, how do you usually do it? There's a bit more complicated and new files in there." He has a scowl in his face, probably have just fully seen all of his works and not half of it. From what you remember he'd be 'working' with games online or watching series.

Then again he's really only been outside the office most of the weeks. But!

Now then, [Name], it's not nice to laugh at your pitable boss who knows nothing at half of his work. "Pft—"

"Oi!"