Chapter 9

Ran specifically had requested for you to bring him home, with a knowing wink after. "I'm not gonna do anything to him!" You grumbled, his arm over your shoulder.

He couldn't bother to move on his own, making you to take action for your boss. He wasn't totally knocked out, but he preferred to sleep right now.

You brought him to his car, thankful as he drove the both of you earlier. You struggled opening the back door, tugging it open you pushed your boss to the seat. Laying him down at the back, you had to enter the car to fix his posture.

His height was kind of a nuisance, you pushed him all the way until his head would bump the other door. Bending his knees to fit his entire length. You pushed his hair away from his face and neck. Sweaty, you noted.

He just lets you, watching you with a bored expression. Looking at you through his lashes, he can't stop staring the entire time.

You locked eyes with him, and then he spoke, "Why'd you put me on the back?" He questions.

"You're gonna sleep there until we get back at your house." You replied, getting up from kneeling beside him. You were about to exit the back to drive when the drunken male grabbed your wrist.

"I'm gonna drive. Stay on the passenger seat." He says, getting up from the back, "No, you don't. Your drunk and most definitely would get us in accident." You argued, pushing his forehead to lay him back down.

Despite your nag he gets up and gets off the car, you quickly followed and hastily blocked his path. "Where do you think you're going?"

"On the driver's seat. To drive." He retorts, giving you a sharp gaze. "No. You're not gonna."

"Who's the boss here?" He asks, leaning towards you. You lean closer in challenge,

"And who's the most sane one here? Who's not drunk and moody?" Placing hands on your waist. "Me."

He clicked his tongue, "I'm not drunk... or moody." He whispered the added words. You shake your head, "sure, go back in the back." You ushered him back.

"No." You stared at him, showing how your patience was thinning with an expressionless facade on your face. "I'll.. get on the passenger's seat."

He opens the car door and begrudgingly went inside. You shake your head one last time with a small smile on your lips as you closed the back door and went around the car to the driver's seat.

You started the engine and drove away from the noisy club, the fluorescent lights befalling and highlighting the dark inside of the car. The ride was peaceful and silent, the intoxicated male occasionally nodding off.

Somewhere in between the turns, Rindou's head would nod off to the side, making you to hold his head from falling. You held the steering wheel with one hand, the car was moving in a slow pace so it was manageable.

You steal side glances from time to time before gently raising his head and lightly push him back to the seat. You held your hand still on his forehead before reassuring that his head would stay.

You pulled his arm over your shoulder and hauled him up. Entering his lavish home with the keys from his pockets. He could barely keep his eyes open as he walks with your help. You then took him up the stairs to his bedroom.

It wasn't the first time you've been into his house anyways, luxurious as always yet deserted without anyone but its owner.

"[Name]?" It looks like he had finally taken notice of your struggling figure. "Yup. It's me, you heavy jellyfish." For sure he wouldn't remember tonight after getting wasted, right?

"I'm a jellyfish?" His words were slurring but understandable.

"Yep, you are. A jellyfish who don't like paperworks." Nodding at your own statement you could already see it. He nods as well, "heck yeah, burn the paperworks!" Raising his balled fist.

"Pfft." You silently laughed, finding the drunk boss amusing. 'Drunk words are sober thoughts' You thought to yourself.

"But you know," he starts, you glanced at him, successfully opening the door of his room. "This jellyfish likes [Name]." He said those words as soon as you closed the door. You stood there with wide eyes open.

You stood there unmoving with the drunk man clinging on your side. 'drunk words are not sober thoughts.' You repeated these words on your mind, walking him to his bed.

Before you could even lay him down he pushes you to the bed, having you laid down on your back and him suddenly pinning you. "What— sir?!"

"Rindou." He says with his half-lidded eyes and a childish pout on his lips. His face still red and warm, his breath reeks the stench of alcohol.

"What?" You asked again, "Call me Rindou, we're not in the office." You were cornered unless you were going to assert to violence. Avoiding that situation — where in, he'd most definitely overpower you with his drunken 'unstable' state, you complied to his wishes.

"Rindou..?" A smile instantly on his drunken state, "yeah, [Name]." His face went closer, you suddenly felt alarmed.

"Wait — Rindou, no!" He stopped from leaning closer, he frowned, most likely understanding. He cupped your cheek, wiping the tears at the edge of your eyes that you didn't even know were there.

"I would never do anything to harm you." He says one more time before leaning in, only to lay on top of you, his head on the crook of your neck. Placing gentle pecks before knocking himself asleep.

You brought your arm to raise and cover your lower face. Your racing heart and its haste beats pounding loudly at your ears, the feeling of rushed heat on your cheeks.

"Reason why I hate you Rindou,  number six..." You say loud enough to echo around the room despite speaking in a hushed tone,

"I can't understand you..."