Chapter 7

Rindou wouldn't forget about the whole ten reasons why you hate him. In fact, he had always taken notes everytime you'd announce one more. It did made him think how casual and ridiculous your reason were except maybe the last one as it did hit too near to your past.

But he shouldn't let it pass, there might be more to what you actually meant.

"Couldn't you just tell me why you hate me?"

"I forgot."

"You forgot?" He eyed you suspisciously, and you only took a bite of your lunch. You two were having lunch at his office, he insisted, there was a sudden urgency that was needed to be taken care of by the end of this week.

Which means, another pile of work is given, and since it was in a hurry, you both decided to cram it. You both needed to finish it, it was already friday.

"Of c-course, I j-just needed to point out why I hate you, if you're acting like it." You said after finishing eating. "Look if you do something wrong I just point it out —but anyways, finish your lunch already so we can finish our work."

Rindou nodded, half-buying your lie, he still had suspiscions but he didn't want to get anymore hatred. It's not like he wanted to doubt you or anything, but the way you could either lie through your teeth smoothly or stumble your tongue and lie awfully, it's either that or the other.

"Why the f!ck is the damage so f!cking high?!"

"Oh, just like that."

"Come on, sit on my lap like last time~"

"Sh!tty, people pushing works towards us."

"This doesn't even make sense."

For the last past hours you were watching your boss switch moods in an instant. It was lowkey cute at first but now it just gets annoying. It's been going in like this for years, multiple times you complained — behind his back anyways.

Not like you were scared to insult your own jellyfish boss but because... was there ever a reason to not straight-up complain to your boss?

"Sir."

"—yeah?" Rindou was in the middle of yapping when you suddenly called him out, he turns to see you deadpanned looking at him. Your head leaning on your fisted palm as it was placed on the desk. A huff through your nasal,

"Why do you change your mood every turn in an instant? Are you that moody?"

"What?"

"Are you bipolar?"

"what — no."

"Guess, I just hate you because you're too moody." Stating at him, dead in the eyes. In which shot an arrow to Rindou's chest, "Is that a reason why you hate me?"

'I was joking but if it adds up..' "Yeah." You say, sounding convincing as possible.

'That's reason number five then.' Rindou thought. 'Should I take stabilizers to control my mood swings?'

You turn to see him deep in thought, "You shouldn't." You uttered, continuing to assess the works. "What?"

"Being a moody isn't so bad, drama queen." A lopsided smile playing on your lips, [e/c] colored eyes still trained on the paperworks. He cocks a brow at you.

"It's a trait that my oh-so-dear boss had been doing — obnoxiously — but hey! I got used to it." You shrugged, "You looked cute just going from bored to sadistic to playful. It just shows how there's so much things going on in you. I think that's cute but annoying nonetheless." You laughed until you realised what you had actually said.

You coughed and acted like you didn't compliment the boss, brushing it off. He didn't comment on it either. Silence looms over the room, making you queasy, this is what you get for complimenting someone you used to insult all of the times.

Your eyes gazes to the side, peeking at what your boss was doing, but the only thing you've seen was the back of his chair. You quietly sigh and proceeded working again.

Rindou was covering half of his face, red in embarrasment and fluster. The way you called him cute while a small pretty smile was placed on your lips instead of a mocking or playful one.

The way you lightly laughed afterwards. He was even doubting if you truly hated how moody he was. He shouldn't get ahead of himself.

Rindou called out an employee to deliver it to Kokonoi, and with that the work is unloaded and finished. They just needed a call from Kokonoi if it's done already.

"You already got a hang of it." You say, smiling at him, "What?" He was confused, you spoke out of the blue.

"The paperworks, office and the documents. You already know how to." The smile on your pink lips never faded and only grew larger as Rindou has his attention on you, "Oh, yeah. Thanks." He looks away with faint tinge of red on his cheeks, feeling warm, being complimented, praised and smiled at him. He managed to contain it than earlier.

"I guess... there's no need for me to be here every morning." You mumbled, looking at your lap with a down setting gaze, "what?"

"I — well, sir. The reason I was always here in the mornings is to help you sir. I'm not going to be here any longer, did you forget about that sir?"

Of course not. Why the heck would he forgot? Right, you were only here because you were teaching him to work on his own.

"...I'm not that um... I don't how to um, schedule, work this piece of junk —" pointing at the laptop "—and uh, yeah." He says with pink tints, still looking away but now with a hopeful heart.

"O-oh, I guess..  we'll just have to... I'll have to come here then." It was obvious that he was finding an excuse, so you quickly hop into the cart. What's wrong with helping your boss anyways?

"yeah."

"yup."

"..."

The sound of the phone ringing cutted off the continous silence. Rindou immediately excused himself, swiveling his chair around before accepting the call. You released your breath that you were unknowingly holding in.

After putting the call down he swivel his chair back, a lazy smile on his lips. "Yeah, it's done. Kokonoi says we can take a day off tomorrow."

"Really? Yes!"

"He also said to invite you the the club, we're going out after work."

"Ah — wait, no, thank you."

"Don't worry, the other secretaries would be there, too. It's for everyone to enjoy, none of us would be working tomorrow anyways." He insisted.

"I guess."