Chapter 5

You weren't his girlfriend, you and him had no romantic relationship, you both are professionals, friend—ish.

"Nevermind what I said, I — I'm just saying if you want to go have 'intimacy', not in the office. It's — disturbing — we're at work, not in a motel." Professional, be professional.

"I'm saying this as your... subordinate. I don't care if you.. have someone." Requesting for him to listen, and drawing the line where you two are. Subordinates. Co-workers. Nothing else.

"We're just subordinates?" Rindou uttered his gaze still on his desk, neither of you looking at each other. "Yeah."

"I'll have to go now, I'll help you on Monday, sir." You said before bowing, putting your chair back at its original place, before you could walk any further, a hand grabbed your wrist.

"sir?" Your eyes couldn't meet his, anything, just anything, just say anything. Could he have any other thoughts?

"I have somewhere to go in Monday." He finally says, words that are not you were deeply hoping for. Guess it's nothing. "Noted."

"I won't be here." He says again, wanting to find a reaction from you, "Okay, sir."

What am I so worked up about anyways? You pondered as you spread across the bed, staring at the white ceilings. You turn your head over to look out the window. You tightened your hold around the pillow you hugged.

Past is past, your situation isn't remotely similar to what that girl had experienced. You didn't expect any rewards or coddling from your ex when both of you were still together. The only thing you could relate to was both of you were promised of false hope.

And then there's scums like men. Well, some men.

You even had forgotten your boss flings way too much, but then again with a face like that it wouldn't be a problem. You shook your head out of these thoughts.

Work with boss always ended up to arguments. You sneered in your mind, ending with a voiceless screech. You roll left to right repeatedly until you fell down your bed. You stayed at the floor before finally getting up.

Rindou kept thinking about what you said earlier that day, even now after work. He leans back at the black leather couch, inside the VIP room of the club. Where the Bonten usually go to, but tonight it was just the Haitani brothers, Kokonoi and Sanzu.

Each of the Bonten member had one or two girls clinging on to them — all except Rindou. Who refused all of the girls tonight, thinking especially deep and focused on the things running around his mind. There's only one person running in his mind anyways, per usual.

Of course, this action was obviously finding weird for atleast most of the Bonten present except for Sanzu who was busy drinking and drugging himself. Kokonoi simply ignored but Ran had a knowing smile on his face, only cooing the girl he had.

"Thinking of someone else right now, Brother dear?" Ran decided to tease the poor 'lovesick' brother of his, as he calls him.

"None of your business, Ran." frustratingly angered. "Rindou, don't go chasing else who's not here, as they say, 'out of sight, out of mind'. You've always busy yourself with... others, for the entire time anyways." Ran says before tasting the lips of the girl on his lap, "You taste especially delicious~" he whispered at her ear.

"I won't do things like that now anyways." Grumbling to himself, "Well atleast you're loyal now. Too bad, it's kind of late, y'know." Ran piped in, hearing the mutterings of his younger brother.

"Shut your mouth, Ran." Rindou gave himself a shot, drinking instantly. "I'll have to go now." Ran says, standing up with the girl by his side, he places his hand on her lower back. "Tell me if you had any progress thinking 'bout it."

He left with one last say and went out with a girl in tow. Kokonoi find it amusing as Rindou looked like a desperado, that person who once complained all about having a secretary who he couldn't get along with, is now getting himself drunk at the thought of losing that secretary.

"Having fun, Rindou?" Kokonoi asked after Rindou exasperatedly leaned back once more. "Tch. Can't you just stop her?"

"The contract ends just next month, she has rights to retire, too. Who wouldn't be when they're babysitting you." He remarked, a smirk on the light haired man's face. Rindou's scowl only got worse, glaring at the lizard man's face.

"She would be a waste." Giving out another excuse, Rindou's glare couldn't waver, even if he is trying to convince the money maker. "She is, too bad she's leaving." Dogding his glare, he turns his attention to the girl beside him.

"Who are you talking about anyway?" Sanzu linked his arm around Rindou's neck, a bit tighter as the jellyfish feels suffocating. He pushed Sanzu away from him, unlinking his arm.

"If you don't know, then it's none of your business." He kicks Sanzu's side, pushing him on to the floor and Sanzu lays there sideways, "Ow — f!cking— What's with that? Couldn't grab a chick... kicking and throwing.. things... drinks.."

Sanzu mumbles under his breath, it's clear enough that he was high, drugged, all with the unusual antics and motions. "Oh! right!" The pinkette snaps his fingers, turning his head to Rindou once more.

"That chick you have, the one in the office, Can I have her?" And with that statement, Rindou released all of his anger towards Sanzu, kicking him repeatedly on the floor. Not actually hitting any of his vital parts.

Sanzu comically asked for help and Kokonoi only ignored him, wiping his ear with his finger, "huh?"