Chapter 2

You've been teaching your own boss how to work, laughable, I know, the things he needed to understand and check. It really looked like he doesn't know half of what he was doing until now.

Normally he would only be signing his signature on files, because he'd already have you go through it and make paperworks leaving him to the most basic part.

It was pretty new and complicated for him. He was no businessman nor office worker, he was a delinquet from youth, fighting, in and out of the jail and handling illegal operations. So, when he was brought to the top he didn't expect for him to hold a pen and sit behind a desk.

He'd be bedding his lady employees until Kokonoi finally had enough and hired you. It was a real punch to the gut, literally, he tried flirting and that was not the best choice of action with new employees. And he was force to do the paperwork, and even with that, he half-assed it and skipped work.

So, it was no shocker that he felt drained by doing office work. You stood behind him as you helped him go through his work. A small unnoticeable smirk played on your lips.

"You're kind of in the hang of it, you do know some of the basics. And there's that." You commented after explaining more of the work he would need to do. "I didn't listen to you." You popped a nerve, "huh?"

"You're not really making sense and neither do these works."

"Second reason why I hate you. You're annoying." You said out of nowhere and holds a blank yet intimidating gaze at him. He irked, "I could say the same to you, you're quite naggy. Weren't you trying to help me?"

He kept his cool, frustrated both at work and reminder of why you're leaving.

"I'll leave right now."

"I said you've been standing all this time. Sit down." He avoids an argument, grumbling to himself. "I'll just go get a chair then." You compose yourself, before you could go any further he grabs your wrist.

"No, here, on my lap." He taps on his thigh, motioning you to sit down. You reddened quickly, "w-wha—?"

"Just come here." He tugs you forcely, fortunatle landing on his lap. He encases you with both of his arm outstretched to the table. "S-sir I could just—"

"We're already here. Don't worry I'll listen this time." He states very closely to your ears, not defeaning nor loud. He gently adjusted you in his lap, leaning closely to the desk and his paperwork, resulting to leaning closer to you.

His once thin line lips played a smirk, breathing in the scent of the same old perfume you use after these years.

'Smooth mf.'

At this point you were about to rival a ripe tomato, but you have to compose yourself. Calm down and just teach him. This way you have nothing to worry about if you'll quit— when you'll quit.

"N-now sir... this is how you—"

Hours pass by and it was already near noon. You've forgotten at the u̶n̶fortunate position you were in and helped him with his job. Although sometimes he'll be up close your ear, hold your waist, or even rest his chin on your shoulder.

A bit weird for someone you bantered back and forth with for years. Did he completely regretted his actions now that you were quitting that he had gotten soft.

You hope not, it might as well be the end of the world. He's more than fine being moody, annoying as he is and a bit childish, it's what charms him— oh boy, you didn't meant that to thought about.

Shaking your thoughts you continued your job until he pulls you closer and brought you to his embrace. Hugging you from behind, "Don't leave." He whispers quite inaudible, "Sir, what do you—?!"

Turning your head, your [h/c] colored eyes meet his mauve colored droopy eyes. The tip of your noses brushing each other. His grip on you loosen as soon your eyes meet, you haven't been this close to him for long.

The door swung open revealing a tall lean figure with his hair swept to the side neatly and a smile on his lips that grew larger. "Oh? did I interrupt something?" Ran grins as he stares at the couple behind the desk, the pink tinted secretary who was locked hold at his now angered brother.

"N-no sir!" Squeakily replying, you removed his hands off of you and stood up. Shutting your eyes momentarily, you exhaled through you nose. "I'll be leaving sir." Composing yourself quickly, you bowed and left the room.

Ran looks at your leaving figure, a whimsical smile on his face. He stares sideways until the sound of the door clicking in sounds around the room. He then turned his attention to hus brother.

"Rindou!" Ran optimistically calls out his brother, "I heard [Name] is quitting, do you think I can hire her?"

"Ran!"

"Don't be such a brat and let me remind you how dangerous you're position is." Ran turns serious, opposite to his previous demeanor.

"Shut up Ran." Not wanting to hear any of it, he props his elbows on his desk. Leaning close, Ran places his palm on his table. "Rindou, it's been obvious of what—"

"Shut up." Rindou grabs his brother by his tie. "I don't care about what you say, Ran." Glaring harshly at his older brother.

"We've already had this conversation."

"I know."

You kept composing yourself, looking at the clock, you realised you spent the whole morning with your boss. It was already lunch when you came out. You needed to finish all your works in the afternoon.

After a couple of minutes, Ran exited your boss' office with him adjusting his loose crinkled tie. He turns to you with a smirk.

"I'll leave Rindou to your care." He said before leaving.

"O-okay." You watch as he now exited the room, "He always said that to me for years, but only now did I feel this embarassed about it." You mumbled under your breath.

"[Name]." Rindou calls you as the door opens, his head popping out of the doorway.

"Ah! Sir! Yes, sir?"

"He's gone, you can go back now." Nodding his head back, his hands in his pocket, leaning at the doorsill.

'Why does he make it sound so suspicious' You thought, inwardly screaming, "Ah, sir you see, it's lunch already."

"Okay, come back after then."

"Sir, I have other work to do."

"We're already doing mine."

"There's a separate work for the secretaries."

"Separate work? Ah right, so, you've doing mine with yours?" He raises a brow, "Yes sir, but it's much more lessen since you did, atleast half of it. And secretaries do the work for their boss anyways."

'Are you finally guilty?' You hummed a little.

"Sir, if I could probably do some a little rescheduling, I might twitch it to have most mornings to helping you sir. Starting this week, if you're willing to." You smiled. "Yeah, that's great then— I mean, do what you can. I'll have to do this anyways then."

"Yup."

"But of course you need to complete your work, you can do half of it if you still can't." You added, inkling sassiness under the tone that didn't go unnotice by your boss.

"Sounds like a naggy mom." He cocks a brow.

"You act like a spoiled brat." Leaning on your hand placed on the desk, "Guess we're a match." Sneering at your jellyfish-like boss.