After Intro

Neo POV

I sit up in my bed letting out a long yawn. I look around my room then get out of bed. Heading down to the kitchen I fix a bowel of cereal. As I munch I look forward seeing an empty seat. I recall my dream and become sad. It's been seven years since the day he left. In that time I've been on my own. 

Thankfully he left behind enough supplies to last me several years. He left this house and enough Lien to buy out a town, meaning money won't ever be an issue. Ever since I met him I've thanked Oum. In the eight years we were together he's given me everything my real parents never did. 

He gave me all the food I could eat and treated me like family. Granted we're not blood related but that won't ever matter. He'll always be my dad. I'm brought out of memory by my watch beeping. Looking at the time I go wide eyed.

Neo: "I'm gonna be late!!!"

Scarfing down my cereal I zoom to my bedroom. Gathering my bag I throw on some clothes. Looking at myself in the mirror I smile.

 Looking at myself in the mirror I smile

*art goes to its proper owner. Give them all the credit*

Now dressed I sling my bag over my shoulder. I then lock up and head to the airship pickup. As I wait I'm met with my good friend Ruby.

Ruby: "Hey Neo."

We hug.

Ruby: "Been a while."

Neo: "Suppose it has."

Ruby: "So where've you been? Haven't seen you since our second year at Signal."

Neo: "Had to take some time for myself. But I'm better now."

Ruby: "Well it's good to see you again. How'd you manage to get into Beacon?"

Neo: "The headmaster owed my dad a favor. So he's letting me in."

Ruby: "You always speak about your dad but I've never actually met him. Where is he?"

I become a little sad.

Neo: "Don't know. He only left a note saying he was going away for awhile. I'm starting to think he's not coming back."

Ruby pats my shoulder.

Ruby: "Cheer up Neo. I'm sure he's gonna come back any day now."

I look at her as she offers a smile. I return it cheering back up.

Neo: "What would I ever do without you?"

Yang: "Guys, it's here!"

We look as the airship lands. Loading up Ruby and I stand next to Yang.

Yang: "What're you doing here Neo?"

Ruby: "She's coming to Beacon with us!"

Yang: "Really? Well then welcome aboard."

I smile when a student shouts.

Student: "Look."

We turn to see the news being shown.

Lisa: "The robbery from last night was carried out by criminal Roman Torchwick who continues to evade authorities. If anyone has information on his whereabouts they are encouraged to tell their local authorities."

Ruby: "You'd think he'd be in cuffs by now."

Yang: "Yeah. But with a teleportation semblance it's kinda hard to capture him."

Neo: "Either way, he'll be stopped. Sooner or later."

Ruby: "Here's hoping."

Speaker: "Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Beacon Academy."

The door opens revealing the great Beacon. Heading out I walk to the auditorium. After waiting for a few minutes the headmaster, Ozpin, walks up to a microphone.

Ozpin: "I'll try to keep this as short as I can. You've all traveled a long way to get here. You've come to train and perfect your skills. But looking all I see is wasted potential in need of guidance. You all assume the knowledge you gather here will free you from the burden of expectation. But going here you'll come to find out that that's not the case. Knowledge will only get you so far."

He walks away when later that night I lay out a sleeping bag. Looking to my side I see Ruby laying down too.

Neo: "You nervous about tomorrow?"

Ruby: "A little. But I've trained really hard. So I'm sure I'll be alright."

Neo: "Well either way I wish you luck."

Ruby: "Same. Let's get some sleep, we'll need it."

I nod flipping over. After closing my eyes I drift up to sleep patiently awaiting for whatever tomorrow may bring.