Dragon Slayer

Y/N POV

Y/N: "Dragon. That must make you the last gifted."

Pyro: "Yes. And undeniably the most powerful one."

Y/N: "You sure do talk big."

Pyro: "And I've got the power to back it up."

The others rush in to attack. But Pyro waves his hand making a giant wall of fire separate us.

Pyro: "This is between him and I, no one else."

Y/N: "Why're you doing all of this?"

Pyro: "To be recognized."

Y/N: "Sounds petty."

Pyro: "Course you wouldn't understand. You were Slader's most prized subject. The boy who could escape death."

He grits his teeth hurling a massive fireball at me. I swing a dagger cutting the attack in half. But Pyro uses a flaming uppercut to launch me into the ceiling. When I get halfway he breathes out a tornado of fire launching me through the roof. I hit the ground with a hard thud.

Pyro: "It pissed me off. You were getting all the attention. I had power too, but he said I too unpredictable. Called me a fire breathing lunatic. It broke my heart hearing those words. So I decide to go to you for advice, hoping you'd help teach me. But you just ignored me."

He hurls another fireball at me. I roll avoiding it but the back of my coat catches fire. I throw it off when Pyro punches my chest sending me into an academy pillar.

Pyro: "I looked up to you but you would never give me the time of day. You kept saying you didn't give a damn about anyone and just wanted to complete the program."

Y/N: "Look I'm sorry I was mean to you growing up. But we were kidnapped and forced to become soldiers. I-"

Pyro: "Shut up!!!"

He brings his hands together launching a blast of fire. I jump over it bringing my daggers down on Pyro. He however catches them then melts them.

Pyro: "When Slader announced his praise to you. I knew I'd never be enough. So once we left I came up with a plan. I would beat you and prove I was stronger. It wasn't easy, the hardest part was working in Vale and not wanting to just burn everything down. But once it was done I had the others fight you to see if you've grown in power. And I must say I'm disappointed. You've gotten soft."

He makes two flaming swords rushing at me. I spam my ability dodging his blades.

Pyro: "Instead of growing stronger you wasted your gift doing mere mercenary work. Then you went and decided to play father. How far you've fallen Y/N. You make me sick."

Y/N: "The good thing about the life I chose is that it taught me something Slader never could."

Pyro: "And just what would that be?"

Y/N: "That when you're fighting for something other than yourself, you achieve a level of power no project can give you."

Pyro: "What is this power!? Tell me!!!"

Y/N: "The power of wanting to keep people you care about safe!"

I dig into my ability summoning some past versions. One punches Pyro in his jaw sending him back. Another uppercuts him into the air. Two more both kick him back to me. When he draws near I deliver a charged downwards right hook. He slams face first into the ground with his feet tapping the back of his head.

Pyro: "Curse... you."

He sighs passing out.

Y/N: "If you ever find someone you care about you'll know what I'm talking about."

*timeskip*

I smile lightly rocking my new granddaughter. In terms of looks she's a combination of Neo and Ruby. The right side of her hair is pink with red tips. The left side is black with brown tips. Her left eye is silver while her right changes to various colors.

Y/N: "She's so beautiful."

Summer: "She looks a lot like you girls."

Ruby: "But there's no telling who she'll grow up acting like."

Neo rolls her eyes smiling.

Qrow: "So uh... what're you gonna name her?"

Neo: "Both of us agreed she was to be named Neory."

Tai: "Why Neory?"

Ruby: "Don't know, just popped into our head."

Raven: "Well either way she's gonna be spoiled rotten. Aren't you Neory?"

She opens her eyes revealing her beautifully mismatched eyes. 

Y/N: "Welcome to the family."

I boop her nose making her eyes sparkle. She grabs my finger before trying to eat it. We all laugh at her cuteness. While everyone else swoons I just happily think to myself. In a weird way I'm glad I went through the program. Because it gave me an amazing daughter and a beautiful granddaughter.