Robot Of The Highway

Neo POV

That night after beating dad I enter the dorm. But upon entering I find the others getting ready for something.

Neo: "Where're you guys going?"

Ruby: "We're off to put a stop to Roman."

Neo: "You are?"

Yang: "Yep. I got a tip from my guy that he was attending a meeting tonight in Vale."

Neo: "And this requires all of you?"

Blake: "He's skilled. If we're to take him down then we all gotta work together."

Neo: "But you're not together."

Weiss: "Huh?"

Neo: "You're forgetting about me."

They smile. We then head into Vale and arrive at a warehouse.

Ruby: "So here's the plan. Since it's Faunus exclusive, Blake will go in."

Neo: "I'll go with her."

Blake: "But-"

I cut her off by using my semblance to give myself cat ears.

Blake: "Alright then."

Ruby: "Yang, you'll cover the south side. Weiss, the east. And I'll take the back. Cool?"

WBYN: "Got it."

Ruby: "Alright team, let's do this."

We nod heading to our places. Blake and I enter to see Roman standing on a stage. Looking I see him chatting with a person in a cloak. Their face is covered by the hood so identifying them is out of the question. They leave making Roman walk to the front of the stage.

Roman: "Greetings everyone. I know you hate humans. I do too. Which is why I bring good news."

He points. This makes a curtain drop revealing a giant Paladin.

Roman: "This right here is called a Paladin. It will be your key to gaining respect. Thanks to a friend of mine we were able to grab some before they were made public. With these the humans will pay, any questions?"

They cheer before thinning out exposing us. Roman makes his way to us when Blake shoots out the lights.

Blake: "Let's leave."

I nod teleporting us out of the building to the others.

Ruby: "What happened?"

That paladin bursts through the wall.

Neo: "That. That happened."

Weiss: "Run!"

We bolt away with the Paladin chasing after us. We get to the highway when an idea hits me. 

Neo: "Blake. Give me your weapon."

She nods tossing me her gun. Then while firing at the Paladin I jump to the other side of the highway. We both pull the ribbon making the Paladin trip off the highway. Diving after it we land as it gets to its feet.

Ruby: "Okay guys. Let's take this thing down."

We nod getting ready. Yang and I run to the Paladin's sides distracting it with gunfire. Meanwhile Blake and Ruby rush in slicing it. It whirs kicking Ruby away. She slams into a pillar causing some of it to fall.

Neo: "Ruby!!!"

I teleport to her tackling her to safety.

Neo: "You okay?"

Ruby: *blushing* "Y-Yes. Thanks."

Neo: "Don't thank me yet."

I look at the Paladin.

Neo: "Yang, smashing time!"

She cracks a smile bashing her knuckles together. She then activates her semblance before punching the Paladin over and over.

Neo: "Blake, tipping colossus!"

She tosses me her gun.

Neo: "Ruby, high noon!"

She aims her scythe firing it at the Paladin. This allows Blake and I to run in circles wrapping her ribbon around the Paladin's legs. We both then pull tightening the ribbon. The Paladin sways before falling onto its back.

Neo: "Weiss."

She sticks her rapier into the ground. The Paladin is coated in ice pinning it to the ground.

Neo: "Yang."

She nods running towards me. I make multiple copies who all cup their hands. Yang plants her foot on our hands as we all launch her upwards. She screams as she brings down her fist shattering the Paladin to pieces. Roman gets to his feet.

Roman: "Well done ladies. But this is where I escape."

Neo: "Oh no you don't!!!"

I teleport behind him. I then swing my parasol into his head knocking him out. After that we take him to the police station where he's locked away. We then head back to Beacon. As we enter the room I'm stopped by Ruby.

Neo: "Yes?"

Ruby: "I just wanna say... thanks for saving me back there."

Neo: "You're welcome."

She smiles which for some reason makes my heart quicken its pace.

Yang: "Oi love birds, time for bed."

We both look at her with a blush on our face.

Neo/Ruby: "We're just friends!!!"