Layla Moon

Y/N POV

I shout in pain as Layla slams me into buildings. As she runs to another one I use my ability. I appear behind her catching her by surprise. I open fire at her but she turns herself into lightning and zips through my gunfire. She then punches me into the dirt.

Layla: "It's no use. With my speed you have no chance of landing a hit on me."

Y/N: "You're cocky. I hate it."

She narrows her eyes as she crouches down. She smiles instantly getting in front of me. I use my ability to gain distance. But every time I do Layla just uses her speed to close it. 

Not wanting to go around in circles I pull my secret move. Layla delivers a right hook when I jump forward in time. I appear behind her allowing me to slice her back finally getting a hit in.

Layla: "Impossible!!!"

Y/N: "Nothing's impossible."

My chest cramps up. So it begins. I ready my blades as Layla readies her fist. We both rush forward. She attempts to slice my side when again I jump forward in time. Landing on my feet I cut the back of her thigh bringing her to her knee.

She growls trying to slice me. I use my ability appearing on her exposed side. I deliver a slice under her bicep that makes her arm go limp. She uses her remaining arm to cut me. I use my ability one last time cutting her other bicep rendering both arms useless.

Y/N: "It's over."

My chest twinges making me cough into my hand. I look to spot blood, not good.

Layla: "I refuse... to lose!!!"

She zips as lightning getting in my face. I raise my daggers to defend myself but my chest cramps get worse. Come on, don't go giving out on me now. Layla uses my weakness to launch an assault. 

She slashes my chest twice cutting through my shirt into my skin. She follows up by double swinging her spikes into my arms disarming me. To finish me off she slams her spikes into my ribs.

Neo: "Dad!!!"

She rushes in for the attack.

Y/N: "No Neo!"

Layla smiles zipping away. Neo swings her parasol but gets punched in her jaw. She's sent flying backwards colliding with a wall. Ruby joins her as Layla looks at me.

Layla: "You must care an awful lot about her. Wonder what'll happen if I kill her."

She readies her fists before zipping away. I meanwhile look at my body.

Y/N: "I know you're hurting. But you're gonna need to put up with it one last time. For Neo's sake."

I grit my teeth forcing myself forward in time. I scream in pain appearing between Neo and Layla at the last possible second. Layla's fist comes forward where it's met with my back. It keeps going puncturing my back before she grabs my spinal cord. I let out a raspy grasp as my whole body flickers to multiple versions of myself.

Neo: "Dad!"

Layla: "You were willing to sacrifice yourself for her. How sweet. But it was all for naught. She still dies."

I grit my teeth discreetly withdrawing a spare blade.

Y/N: "No one and I mean no one is gonna lay a hand on my daughter and her girlfriend!!!"

I ram my blade through her arm obliterating her elbow. She screams in agony but doesn't let up attacking. She sends lightning coursing through my nervous system. I match her scream when I break free slamming my blade just above her heart. She falls unconscious while I get to my feet. I'm then hugged by Neo.

Neo: "Thank you. For saving me."

I smile returning her hug.

Y/N: "You're welcome kid. I'll always be there to keep you safe."

I look to the side to see Ruby just standing there.

Y/N: "Come on over here."

She zips into our hug.

Y/N: "I'm gonna keep both of you safe."

Man: "Did I miss it?"

We look to see a man.

Ruby: "Uncle Qrow!!!"

After regrouping we all set up camp in the woods.

Y/N: "So you're Ruby's uncle."

Qrow: "Yeah. And just who are you?"

Ruby: "Easy uncle Qrow. This' Y/N, Neo's dad."

Neo: "Hello."

He looks at her.

Qrow: "You don't look like Y/N."

Neo: "That's because I'm adopted."

Qrow: "Ah."

He spots something.

Qrow: "Why're you so close to Ruby?"

Ruby: "We're dating."

He looks at her in slight shock.

Nora: "If they marry then that'll make you guys in laws."

Ren: "Nora, what'd we say about keeping our thoughts to ourselves?"

Nora: "What it's true."

Ren: *slightly annoyed* "Nora."

Nora: "Fine."

Ruby: "So who was that girl that attacked us?"

Y/N: "Layla Moon. She was a gifted."

Neo: "Another one?"

Qrow: "What's a gifted?"

Everyone looks at me. Even Neo.

Neo: "I'd like to fully hear the story."

I sigh looking at the fire.

Y/N: "It was a very long time ago. It all began in a town by the name of Koa."