Leaving

*still flashback*

I look around at the men groaning in pain. I smile when the bar tender speaks.

Bar tender: "Congratulations, you just beat up the Atlas military."

I look at the men and just now notice their uniforms. I then look at their ranks, all corporals.

Y/N: "Ah crap."

Bar tender: "You better run."

Nodding I burst out of the bar back to the inn. There I lock the door and shut the blinds. But soon I hear sirens blaring. Peeking out the blinds I spot a sizable group of army men surrounding my room. 

Y/N: "Damnit. Oum fucking damnit."

Man: *outside* "Y/N L/N. You're under arrest for assaulting Atlas personal. Please come out with your hands up."

I groan walking away from the blinds. I then quickly write out a letter.

Y/N: "Dear Neo. I'm sorry to do this but I need to leave for a while. But I'll be back when I can. Just wait for me. Love your dad, Y/N."

I seal the letter resting it on the nightstand. Sitting down I move some of Neo's hair to the side. I then gently plant a kiss on her forehead.

Y/N: "I love you Neo."

Rubbing her head I walk outside with my hands in the air.

Y/N: "Alright, you've got me."

Man: "Cuff him."

I'm restrained then flown to Atlas. There I'm left in an interrogation room. Pretty soon the great General appears sitting across from me.

Y/N: "Ironwood."

Ironwood: "Have we met?"

Y/N: "Nope. But kinda hard not to know someone like you."

Ironwood: "Glad to know I'm known. Now, care to explain why half my men are unconscious while the other half are in the hospital?"

Y/N: "They attacked first."

Ironwood: "Do you have proof?"

Y/N: "Yeah. Everyone else that was in the bar."

There's silence. He then pulls out a file.

Ironwood: "I ran you through the system and found almost nothing. So tell me, who are you?"

Y/N: "I'm nothing but a traveler. Spending his days walking around the world."

Ironwood: "I know that much. But there's something that interests me. When we checked to see if there was alcohol in you we found something strange. You're blood dates you to be at least ninety years old. Yet you look no older than mid twenties. How is that possible?"

Y/N: "What can I say? I'm just aging phenomenally."

Ironwood: "Is it your semblance perhaps?"

Y/N: "I had my taken away."

Ironwood: "So it was stolen?"

There's silence again.

Ironwood: "You interest me. So you're gonna go to a place until we find out what it is that makes you special."

Y/N: "I'd rather die."

I get up and head for the door. But that's when Ironwood speaks.

Ironwood: "It'd be wise that you cooperate. Or else."

Y/N: "Or else what?"

Ironwood: "Or else something bad might happen to her."

My blood begins to boil.

Y/N: "You won't lay a finger on her."

Ironwood: "I would never harm children. But some of my men just might. Especially the ones who got their asses handed to them. They might even see it as a form of payback."

Y/N: "I'll kill them if they get near her."

Ironwood: "I can help you keep her safe. All you gotta do is just stay in a safe place until I say otherwise."

I clench my fists till my knuckles turn white. I take a deep breath.

Y/N: "I'll do as you say."

Ironwood: "Good. Now to work out arrangements for the young girl."

Y/N: "I've got all that covered. I just need you to make sure none of your men get any funny ideas."

Ironwood: "I swear they'll behave."

*timeskip* 

I sit down at a glass wall where I pick up the phone.

Y/N: "Well?"

Ironwood: "All's good. She's at the house you left and there's plenty of Lien for her to spend. She's in good hands."

Y/N: "The only hands I trust are mine."

Ironwood: "You're a terrific father."

Y/N: "A good father doesn't leave their child."

Ironwood: "It was either this or the death penalty."

Y/N: "Compared to this, I'd might've chosen death."

Ironwood: "You still would've been separated from her."

Y/N: *hmph*