1: 01

AURADON - CASTLE

One of the tailors measured Prince Ben for his outfit while he stared out at the Isle of the Lost. "Sleeve. Head. Ah-ha!"

"How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month?" King Beast teased. "You're just a baby."

"He's turning 16, dear," Queen Belle answered.

"Hey, Pops," Ben called.

King Adam glanced at his wife. "Gosh! 16? That's far too young to be crowned king. I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

"Uh, you decided to marry me at 28."

"Ah, it was either you or a teapot. Kidding. I'm only kidding."

"Mom, Dad..." Ben called again.

The tailor frowned, protesting the prince's movements. "Ah! Nn-nnh!"

"I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the Isle of the Lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon. Everytime I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned."

King Adam's eyes widened. "The children of our sworn enemies? Living among us?"

"We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them."

"Have you?"

Queen Belle smiled. "I gave you a chance. Who are their parents?"

"Cruella De Vil... Jafar... Evil Queen... Mad Hatter... and Maleficent. And the Queen of Hearts and Chesire... If you're willing."

The tailor let out a yelp and the king's eyes narrowed. "Maleficent and the Mad Hatter! She's the worst villain in the land and he's the most insane! Don't get me started on the Queen of Hearts or Chester Chesire!"

"Dad, just hear me out here!"

"I won't hear of it. They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

"Dad, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life? Dad?"

King Adam's gaze turned to his wife and she seemed to believe their son. The king sighed. "I suppose their children are innocent."

Queen Belle smiled. "Well done. Shall we?"

The two of them walked out of the room, linking arms. The tailor continued to measure the prince for his coronation outfit.

ISLE OF THE LOST

Mal handed Kiara a can of red spray paint and they touched up the Long Live Evil graffiti Mal had done previously.

[Rotten to the Core]

Mal grabbed a lollipop from a baby in a wagon.

Kiara sighed and caught sight of Catherine and Edward. She ushered them forward and frowned at Mal.

Mal poked Kiara's shoulder, seeing her mother and Kiara's father. "Hi, Mom. Hi, Mr. Hatter."

Maleficent frowned. "Stealing candy? I'm so disappointed."

Mal shrugged. "It was from a baby."

Maleficent smiled. "That's my nasty little girl."

Kiara shook her head. "I didn't do anything, Papa."

The Mad Hatter nodded. "I know. But you also-"

"Stopping Mal is next to impossible. I've tried."

Mal gave the lollipop back to her mother and she spit on it. "Give it back to the dreadful creature."