3: 06

The VKs entered Auradon and made their way to the courtyard. The first thing that caught their eye was the fact that everyone was asleep.

Evie stated the blatant obviousness of what they were seeing. "They're asleep. Everyone."

Mal stared at her phone. "I can't get Ben."

"Or Dizzy or Doug," Evie added.

"Or Jane," Catherine said. "The signal's out."

Celia pointed at the big building to their left. "Is that Auradon Prep?"

Carlos nodded and smiled. "Yeah. When everybody wakes up, you're going to love it."

Mal looked for a signal and Gil discovered grapes, which he thought was cantaloupe.

Harry grabbed a guy's wallet and pulled out some money. "I believe I deserve a compensation for my muscles, my wile, and my role in this endeavor."

Jay took the money from Harry. "You do. Me not squashing you like a bug."

Harry turned to him. "You think I'm scared of you, Jay?"

"Guys!" the girls cried.

"Mm!" Dude added suddenly.

Carlos and Edward frowned at him. "Dude."

Dude burped. "Delicious."

"Dude, really?"

Dude's eyes widened. "What? It wasn't me. I swear. Okay, It was me."

"Hey, do you know what happened here?" Carlos asked.

"Yup. Audrey showed up. She put everybody to sleep. And then she turned some of them to..."

"Guys," Evie called. "Hannah turned to stone."

The group made their way toward Hannah as Jay said, "All right, everybody stay on their toes."

Uma frowned slightly. "Look, since we're here, let's check the school."

Mal shook her head. "No. Audrey went straight for the crown, so, I think it's safe to assume that she's gonna go for Ben and his castle next."

"Says who?" Uma challenged.

"Says me."

"Says you. And that's supposed to mean something to me?"

Kiara stepped between them. "Please, you two. For once, don't fight."

Evie nodded. "Guys."

"To the castle," Mal ordered.

They made their way to the castle and as soon as they entered, Mal immediately cried, "Ben!"

"This way," Dude instructed, leading the group around a corner.

Mal frowned. "Ben could be asleep anywhere."

"Or turned to stone," Celia added.

Catherine shot her a look. "Not helping right now."

"Cat's got some claws."

Catherine's glare deepened. "Celia, now is not the time."

Evie covered Celia's mouth. "Okay."

"Ben!" Mal cried.

They reached Ben's office and saw claw marks. The curtains, among other things, were torn to shreds. Dude was sitting in the middle of the room staring at the VKs. "I got a scent. Very pungent cologne. Easy to track. Follow me, people."

"That's great, Dude," Carlos praised.

Dude grinned, as much as a dog could. "FYI, I give great cuddles too."

Gil's eyes widened. "Really? I never had a pet growing up. Well, except for the elk head in Dad's man cave, but that wasn't-"

"Hold up," Uma interrupted, noticing that something had been ripped from the wall. "What's this?"

Carlos studied it. "Uh, any chance this was already there?"

"And follow me," Dude instructed.

The group followed Dude into a room with armored knights.

Uma glanced at Mal. "I bet you lost some sleep thinking about me on the loose, huh?"

"No," Mal anawered bluntly. "Dragons don't really lose sleep."

Evie sighed. "Okay. Why do we not do this?"

Uma flicked her eyes to Evie. "We're celebrating our differences, right Cat, Kia?"

Kiara and Catherine ignored her because something caught their attention. Harry, Catherine, Kiara and Edward shared a look as we saw a suit of armor stand up straight.

"I believe we're being challenged," Harry stated.

Uma held a hand in front of Kiara and Catherine's faces, as well as in front of Harry and Edward's. "Let's split up and look for Audrey."

Mal frowned. "That makes absolutely no sense. Unless you give me my ember, she's going to spell you."

"Mal! Uma!" Catherine and Kiara cried.

"Girls!" Harry added. "We have a situation here."

The two of them turned to see a suit of armor. Pink smoke flowed from the night before it said in Audrey's voice, "Do you like a prince, Mal? How about a knight in shining armor? Or knights?"

[Night Falls]

The VKs looked at the knights piled on the seat in front of them and cheered, "Yeah!"

"We did that," Uma said with a smile.

Uma and Mal raised their hands to high-five each other before giving looks of disgust.

The groups stood on separate sides of Evie. Mal and her crew, and Uma and her crew. Celia stood in the back, watching the scene play out.

Evie frowned. "Guys, come on. This was so great. We were a team. We worked together. Come on." She grabbed Catherine's hand and Mal's, but they shrugged her off. "Come on." She touched Uma's elbow and Uma glared at her.

"Mmh-mmh," Uma mumbled.

Evie let out a sigh and placed her hands on her hips. "You know what we should try? An icebreaker. You say something you really like about the other person, okay? I'll start." She looked at the VKs and said, "Harry. Great accent. Now you go."

Uma met Mal's eyes. "Is she always this perky?"

Evie glanced at her. "Oh. It wasn't really your turn, but thank you."

Kiara nodded at Uma's comment as Mal grabbed Evie's arm. "Okay. Evie, come here."

"Yeah," Evie answered brightly.

"I love you."

"I love you."

Mal gave her a small smile. "I love this energy, but we are very short on time. Audrey clearly knows that we're here, and we need to get out of here ASAP."

Uma stepped forward. "All right, where does this cheerleader bunk down? Even if she's not there, we might find some sort of clue."

"Actually, she's still in the dorms," Evie informed.

Mal poked Evie's arm. "You're right. Because of summer school."

Harry let out a loud laugh. "What? Summer school? Summer school! No wonder she wants revenge!"

Mal frowned as she thought about what to do. "Okay. I need you guys to go find Ben. We will meet back at Evie's in two hours, okay?"

Uma had a hint of a smirk on her face. "Sounds like we're going with my plan. I'm just saying."

Mal shrugged. "It was kind of the obvious plan."

"Uma said it first," Gil said.

Uma nodded. "Right. So, my plan."

"Right?" Harry inquired.

Mal rolled her eyes. "Whatever."