2: 02

While walking through the halls of Auradon Prep, two girls said hello to Jay, and he flirtatiously answered back. Carlos frowned at him. "Why do you torture them? Just pick someone to take to Cotillion already."

Jay grinned. "I'm going solo. That way, I can dance with all of them."

Catherine smirked lightly before asking, "Who are you going with, Carlos?"

He glanced at Kiara, avoiding Catherine's eyes. "That's what I wanted to talk Kia about. Um, Jay... if you were gonna ask someone, what's the best way to go?"

Jay smirked. "Listen, all you got to do... is look like me."

Carlos frowned. "Oh, ha-ha."

Kiara shot him a look. "Be yourself, Carlos. That's all it takes."

Jane walked up to us and said, "Mal."

Carlos smiled at her. "Hey, Jane."

She looked up at him. "Hey."

"I was wondering... uh... if you liked the... carrot cake last night."

"I had the pumpkin pie."

"Oh, cool. Um, uh-"

"Smooth," Jay said.

Catherine smiled. "He's trying."

While Evie dealt with appointments, I turned to Carlos. "You and Jane would make an adorable couple. But personally, I think you and Cat are cuter. Edward and Kiara are adorable."

He frowned. "Yeah, if I could just talk to her and ask her out, all would be well. But every time I talk to her, I get nervous and something else comes out of my mouth. Me and Cat? There is no me and Cat."

"Not yet. It's 'cause you like her. Nerves overtake you when you like someone. I get that way everytime I talk to him."

Carlos raised an eyebrow. "Are you two a thing yet?"

"No. But maybe soon."

Catherine noticed Mal's eyes flash green and frown. "Whoa. I've never seen Mal's eyes flash like that without reason."

"She's losing control," Carlos and Edward noted.

Kiara nodded. "This Cotillion thing is getting to her more than she knows. I'm worried about her."

Jane mentioned that the Cotillion was almost like being engaged, which caused Mal to freak out.

Ben appeared and Jane mentioned that Mal's surprise was almost finished. Ben told Jane to make sure the eyes were green, and then chose a bright green.

The girls followed Evie to Mal and Evie's dorm. She was dressing Chad for Cotillion.

Chad scrunched his eyebrows. "What about peacock feathers? Yeah, I bet you nobody's gonna have those at Cotillion."

Evie studied him. "Chad, when I look at you, all I can think of is..."king."

Chad gasped and smirked. "Do you agree, Mia?"

Catherine grimaced and Evie shot me a look. "Doesn't he look like a king, Cat, Kia?"

Catherine and Kiara nodded. "Uh, yeah. Sure."

Evie smiled. "And fake fur...Uh-huh...fake fur says it all."

Doug nodded. "Loud and clear."

Jay appeared in the room and said, "Amphitheater in five!"

Chad frowned. "Why did the coach make him captain instead of me? I'm obviously better. King Chad, though. I do rather like that." He laughed. "You know who else would like that?"